so how much do you use that double stroller?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Super Mommy
im wondering if i should get a double stroller,
if i will use it or if it will sit in the garage and collect dust,,

anyone have some thoughts on this?
thanks

Viviane

November 16th, 2006, 09:18 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That depends on where you would use it?I only used mine at outdoor places because it was so big & a pain to use indoors.My mall has rental ones and other stores had carts so I didn't really need it very often.

i wouldn't buy another one personally.
November 16th, 2006, 02:51 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Almost never! I've had it a few years and maybe used it 3-4 times and that was only because I felt the need to use it because I bought it LOL

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
November 16th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
The only person I would have used it for is my first two kids being they were almost 2 years apart. Anyhow, I never used one and never felt I needed one.

November 17th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What's the age difference? My kids are 14 months apart and my daughter wasn't even walking yet when I had the new baby so I felt like I kinda had to get one. The first one I bought was a Jeep Wagoneer...its HUGE and has all the bells and whistles. I hate that thing - seriously, don't waste your $. Later I saw a Kolcraft double umbrella stroller for $20 at the consignment shop so I picked that up. I love it - its so light and easy to push. And my baby loves facing forward and looking around rather than being strapped into his infant seat and facing me. If I don't feel like getting him out b/c he's sleeping or whatever I'll put him in his travel system and then just carry Beth on my hip - that is actually easier than pushing that hige expensive tandem stroller I bought.
November 17th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought mine a few years ago when I was having my 4th and 5th. They are 1 1/2 years apart. I really haven't used it that much. Like someone else said, I use it cause I spent the money on it and feel guilty not to. It's big and bulky and takes up most the room in the car. I have a Mama Love (which is a good brand over here), but I really don't like it. There's no room for feet if you are in the back. It's hard to push (the kids have a hard time with it). I might use it with my next 2 (they'll be about a year apart), but I'll still have the problem with no leg room. I like the sound of the umbrella ones, but I'm sure my husband wouldn't buy another stroller!!

Krista
November 19th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first two, I had one, they were almost 13 months apart, and I used it alot. I liked mine.

November 21st, 2006, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You mean the one falling apart and collecting dust in my garage? I had a 2nd hand (probably more like 3rd or 4th hand) double stroller and I used it 2 or 3 times but it was a big bulky mess. My youngest were 22 months apart and most of the times I brought it the oldest one would decided she wanted to get out and walk and the baby decided she wanted to be carried. So Id end up carrying the baby in the sling and pushing a big empty stroller. Not worth it!
What I do like is my double bike trailer that can also be used as a stroller. It's not really portable (unless you want to take it apart and rebuild it when you get there), but it's great to leave at home and take for bike rides or walks around the block.
My suggestion is get a sling for the baby and use a regular stroller for the older one.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
November 21st, 2006, 03:29 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use mine almost every day during the week! I have a front/back one and I love it, I HATED my side by side because I couldn't use it in the malls!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search