Hi, new to this board

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone,

I just joined this board, and I usually post on the June 2005 due date club board since I'm expecting our 5th (actually 7th, I lost the last two pregnancies over the past year and half).

I found this board for large families and I have read many of the topics and can relate so much! I'm glad I found you all! I really don't know of anyone who is exactly in our boat with several kids and the people we do know can't relate to our problems/lifestyle. And you try to explain to them and they just don't get it.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you here, thanks for having this board!
DD Kristyn, 2/22/03
Angel Baby Kendall, went to heaven at 19 wks gestation,
12/01/03
November 18th, 2004, 09:46 AM
zonapellucida
Welcome Tracy! I know exactly what you mean! Large families are an anomaly now adays and few can understand why you would want one in "this day and age"

I am expecting number 7 and people think I am nuts (I think I am nuts too every once in a while, LOL) but I point out to them that I will never be alone when I get old and my children will be blessed to have one another to lean on and confide in. At least that is my take on it. Not that I think they will be dependent--they are all very independent but I think that is because they have a secure base to come back to.

We look forward to getting to know you better!
November 18th, 2004, 01:44 PM
mineforever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Tracy! Welcome to JM and to the Large Family board! I'm Charity and I'm expecting my 5th as well. I'm due shortly after you on July 16. Large familes are few and far between up here too! you definitly don't seem them too often anymore. I can't wait to get to know you more.
~Charity - SAHM to 6 Monkeys and expecting #7!!

November 18th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the warm and understanding welcomes!

Wow! 7 children! No, I don't think you're nuts, though I bet you've probably gone nuts more than a few times...LOL. It gets pretty chaotic in our household, especially since our kids are so close in age. Overwhelming at times also. I think we'll be stopping at 5, though.

I, too, look forward to getting to know you all here...Thanks!
DD Kristyn, 2/22/03
Angel Baby Kendall, went to heaven at 19 wks gestation,
12/01/03
November 19th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Cindermella
Hi Tracy

I am new too
November 19th, 2004, 04:17 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally posted by TracyL@Nov 18 2004, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I just joined this board, and I usually post on the June 2005 due date club board since I'm expecting our 5th (actually 7th, I lost the last two pregnancies over the past year and half).*

I found this board for large families and I have read many of the topics and can relate so much!* I'm glad I found you all!* I really don't know of anyone who is exactly in our boat with several kids and the people we do know can't relate to our problems/lifestyle.* And you try to explain to them and they just don't get it.*

I'm looking forward to getting to know you here, thanks for having this board!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Welcome Tracy! I am Teresa. I have 5 kids already. My youngest will be 2 in April. I am starting to get the baby bug myself again, but dh has been so moody and grouchy lately that no babies for him, lol. Having 5 kids is a lot of fun, a lot of work, but a lot of fun too.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 19th, 2004, 04:20 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Cindermella@Nov 19 2004, 07:08 AM
Hi Tracy

I am new too
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Welcome! Glad to have you here. The large families board is becoming my new favorite hangout, lol.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 22nd, 2004, 08:12 AM
CyprusMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Tracy! I'm an American living in Cyprus (my dh is cypriot). We have 2 girls and 2 boys.

Janice

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search