Want a large family

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2004, 02:16 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So all my life I have always wanted a large family. I always had it in my head that I would have 6 kids! That was my lucky number. Well, now that I am all grown up (well not really) married I have found that the large family I long for might not happen. My DH only really wants two kids. Well, going on #2 now and i am not done! He has had that I can get maybe two more if I am lucky. So I am pretty sure that I will be able to get atleast 4. Sounds like a good compromise.

Now here comes the question.

How did all of you with more than 4 decide that you were going to keep going? Was DH 100% behind you?

Who knows after #2 gets here I might be like WOW!!!
December 15th, 2004, 02:21 PM
CindyLou
I have oftened wondered the same thing. I know that I want 2 kids or more. I always thought 4. I have 3 sisters and love having a big family. I'm not sure about cost, (you need more space, food, clothes, school, etc, etc) And if I have what it takes to be a mom to many. But I love my son and want another baby and will keep having kiddies til I know I am done. Dh wants 3 but is kind of in the same boat as me.

We just don't know what God will give us!!
December 16th, 2004, 01:35 AM
zonapellucida
I didn't paln on a large family and DH isn't behind me. He worries about money and supporting all these kids especially at this time of year. He wanted just two but alas, he has super sperm and I am ultra fertile. Not that we would trade any of them. WEll, maybe sometimes.
January 3rd, 2005, 02:20 AM
CyprusMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always wanted a large family but dh and I never agreed on an exact number. After #4, dh seemed done but I didn't feel done. Now my youngest is 2, I finally got my dh behind me for another. Before he was like you are kidding right? I think he was thinking of me since I pretty much take care of the household and kids by myself since he works so much.

I'm 42 and it's just not as easy as before. We would try for a month and presto I was pregnant. Now we are not preventing, so I know it may take longer, esp. since I can't figure out my cycles for the life of me, but I get so impatient!!! OK so I really wanted to tell you is take it child to child. Maybe after #2 your dh will get behind you or you may convince him, there's always hope.

January 7th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Cindermella
I wanted none
mike wanted 3
we have had 9
I would have like another and was pregnant a couple of times but it doesn't seem to be in the cards
January 7th, 2005, 06:59 AM
oreokitten
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Dec 16 2004, 04:35 AM
I didn't paln on a large family and DH isn't behind me.* He worries about money and supporting all these kids especially at this time of year.* He wanted just two but alas, he has super sperm and I am ultra fertile.* Not that we would trade any of them.* WEll, maybe sometimes.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
That's us to a T. We each have four, so 6 together because we share two. I guess it might be different for us because when we met, we both has two kids from previous marriages. I really wanted to have a baby with him. I told him one night, so we weren't careful during sex, and along came Brielle. That was all we wanted. Well, that was all HE wanted but for me, I only didn't want anymore because we couldn't afford it. Then oops, stupid condom didn't work and along came Jillian. We lover her to pieces though and I love this big family we have. If for some strange reason I get pregnant again, even after this tubal I had, it would be the same. We would love another baby to peices, but stress because we couldn't afford it. I think men look more at money and security and how they will provide and will they do a good enough job. Women look at more of a loving family emotional side. So I think that what you have done is good. You and your DH have come to a compromise. He wants 2, you want 6, you came together at 4. Thats the best you can do. You are both in the relationship so you both kind of get what you want this way. At least he was willing to meet you in the middle! lol. Now I am rambling and forgot where I was going. I need more coffee, lol.
January 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM
mineforever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well for us when we first got married we decided we wanted a large family .. at first we said 8 and now we just say as many as the Lord feels we can handle. The only concern he has is with my weight. he wants me to be healthy and able to play with the kids and have energy. so in b/t each pregnancy I've been working really hard and that is our only crutch in having a large family.. otherwise dh and I have been on the same page all along.

Good Luck! I hope you both can find a happy medium for teh size of your family.
~Charity - SAHM to 6 Monkeys and expecting #7!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search