New here

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2008, 12:31 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Hello everyone. My name is Annaka. I'm 24 years old just had my 3 year marriage anniversary. DH and I are getting ready to TTC starting January 1st.

I am so excited to start TTC. All I have ever wanted my whole life was to be a wife and mother. It's not going to turn out quite how I dreamed (there isn't any way for me to be a SAHM) but at least I have the husband I've dreamed of and hopefully soon will be able to fulfill the "mommy" part.

I'm actually just coming off of a "let down." My period was 8 days late with 2 BFN. But my period just started today. So, it gives me hope that maybe right when we're trying at the beginning of Jan I'll be fertile.

I'm scared about being able to conceive. I've always heard that "big girls" sometimes have trouble. DH and I are both overweight so we'll see. About 3.5 years ago a doctor told me that I might ave PCOS. The blood testing she did wasn't really conclusive and she never did ultrasounds for cysts or anything. I was put on metformin at the time, but I wasn't TTC and then shortly after getting married, DH and I moved and didn't still have insurance so I decided to quit taking it.

I'm hoping we'll be able to do it without having to use any medication or anything.

I have been thinking though about fertility monitors. They're just sooo expensive and DH doesn't want to get real technical with TTC. He just wants to continue as usual just without any BC and if it happens great.

Anyway, sorry for the rambly introduction. I'm just excited to find this board.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
December 15th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Hey, I am Vicki, It took me three years to ttc with my first one, and he is 2.5 years old now, I also have pcos and take metformin, for me it helps allot, I have wacky cycles, I have been ttc'ing again for 13 months, and will be testing friday, have all the symptoms so I think this may be it. I hope you get your bfp soon. By the way happy 3rd anniversary yay, I have been married a bit over 10 years now to my dh Harlan (30), and i am 28 myself. I love so forward to getting to know you. Welcome to our board.

December 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Thanks for the welcome! I've enjoyed reading the various posts and have been reading about your symptoms! How exciting!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

December 15th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Annaka and welcome! My name is Jeni (33) and DH is Rob (34) and we are TTC#1! I hope you like it here! Please feel free to jump right in. Everyone here is really sweet! I hope you get a quick BFP!
December 19th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Mummy_Boo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Annaka! Im Becky and with DF Thaya we have a beautiful little girl Jasmin. We were TTC for nearly 5 years and we got our BFP Last week. Welcome to the board! Hope to see you around some more and Good luck with TTC!

Thankyou Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*
For My Beautiful Siggy
Thaya + Jasmin + Imogen =
My Heart, My Life, My Soul

December 19th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
Hello and welcome I'm Emma (21) Oh is Mark (26) where expecting our first on april 25

Good luck TTC!
December 30th, 2008, 10:03 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
Hi and Welcome!

It is a "myth" that all "big girls" have trouble conceiving. If you're going to go off birth control and start naturally, I would suggest reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a invaluable reasource for teaching you about your own body. You could start monitoring your temps which is barely "technical" but it helps you learn about your body and your cycle. The biggest myth is that you ovulate on day 14 and get your period on day 28. There is a very small percentage of women who actually fit that stereo type. Temping will teach you when your body is ready to try and conceive.

If down the road you need to seek further treatment, medication or advice, there are lots of women on here (me included) who have been through the medical gammet so feel free to ask questions.

In the mean time, remember that baby making is fun! Enjoy your wonderful husband and the life you have together now. Hopefully you'll receive an unexpected blessing in the early new year!

Good luck and babydust to you.

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

December 31st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Hi and Welcome!

It is a "myth" that all "big girls" have trouble conceiving. If you're going to go off birth control and start naturally, I would suggest reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a invaluable reasource for teaching you about your own body. You could start monitoring your temps which is barely "technical" but it helps you learn about your body and your cycle. The biggest myth is that you ovulate on day 14 and get your period on day 28. There is a very small percentage of women who actually fit that stereo type. Temping will teach you when your body is ready to try and conceive.

If down the road you need to seek further treatment, medication or advice, there are lots of women on here (me included) who have been through the medical gammet so feel free to ask questions.

In the mean time, remember that baby making is fun! Enjoy your wonderful husband and the life you have together now. Hopefully you'll receive an unexpected blessing in the early new year!

Good luck and babydust to you.[/b]
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually ended up getting a ClearBlue fertility monitor. I don't think I'd be alert enough to properly do temping in the morning (not a morning person and I've read that temping is so sensitive to making sure you do it before anything else). And when I said "technical" I meant that DH doesn't want to have to worry about anything "external" other than just BD and if it happens, it happens. But I am too excited about all of this so I want to at least get an idea when it is most likely to happen. So hopefully even if I don't end up pregnant before I can start using the monitor, it'll help me learn more about my cycle.

But yes! I'm trying not to stress and if it happens quickly, wonderful, if not, I thoroughly enjoy my life with my husband and our cats. When it happens it happens.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search