Herbal Fertility Supplements?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2008, 10:21 AM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I've been tooling around at www.early-pregnancy-tests.com and they have this little 5 part news letter thing that gives tips on how to increase chances of getting pregnant. Yesterday's email was about fertility monitors like the clear blue thing, and the saliva scope where it tells you whether you're ovulating or not and stuff like that. So I was looking into those yesterday. Not sure I'm ready to shell out the money for one of those Clear Blue's or other fertility trackers like that since I'm just barely starting. Though I did find some on eBay for not too terrible a price if I decide to go that rout. The saliva thing is tempting. Fairly cheap and no parts that have to be replaced like the pee sticks for the monitors.

Anyway, so while yesterday's was about pinpointing ovulation, today's email was about normalizing your cycles including increasing chances of ovulation. Now that's something I can definitely see a benefit to, especially since the product they were promoting today were vitamins that are supposed to help even women with PCOS.

It doesn't look like it would hurt anything. And it says that it can be used as your prenatal vitamin for while you're trying to conceive since it has folic acid and everything (though it does say after achieving conception you'd switch to a regular prenatal vitamin). I'm trying to remember how much the bottle of prenatal vitamins I bought before were. but I'm almost out of them anyway so I need to be thinking about something else to use...

Anyone used FertileAid? http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ferti...ilityblend.html
It's $30 for a one month's supply! I can't remember how much vitamins usually cost. But I guess if it has multiple benefits of helping reproductive health and regularity as well as being the preconception vitamin...

I've just about talked myself into it. I just checked my current bottle of prenatals and I have only about a week's worth left.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
December 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I used cinnamon(similar to metformin), flax seed oil(mostly just good for me), and Vitex(which is great, if indeed i am pregnant i think that's why, if is know to be natures version of clomid) and I am on metformin also. I take prenatals, and extra b6. Good luck hope this helps

Vitex is one of the main ingredients in fertil blend and pretty sure cinnamon is also, I looked at this same product a couple months back but figured out through allot of online research that I did not want to take all of these herbs but that some of them would be great, the first month I took vitex af went from being 16-21 days long to 26 days long and kept getting more and more normal

December 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
interesting information!
December 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
It doesn't look like cinnamon is an ingredient. I decided that it really didn't look like it would hurt anything. And reading some more about some of the other herbs, again it doesn't seem like it'd be anything bad (for me). And since I don't take any other medication other than just vitamins (which this would replace. Except I do take a B Complex so I'll probably still take that too) there wouldn't be any bad interaction.

So we'll see. I at first wondered if I was "jumping the gun" but I'm just telling myself that it's just a new vitamin and it really shouldn't hurt anything.

December 22nd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Holy crap. The pills came today and they're pretty big and scary looking! And you're supposed to take 3 a day! After looking through the FAQ's on Fertile Aid's website it does say that it is best to take them in divided doses with meals. That's gonna be hard for me to remember. I usually just take my vitamins in the morning with breakfast.

Maybe I can do one in the morning like I'm used to, one when I get home from work with either a snack or dinner (usually we eat pretty soon after I get home which is around 3 'cause we're both really hungry) and then the last one with a snack before bed.

December 29th, 2008, 12:30 PM
So far so good. They're not hard to swallow. And they don't seem to be giving any unpleasant side effects like some vitamins I've taken (fishy taste/smell/burps etc). We'll see what it does for my cycle!

December 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
Good luck with the vitamin regime! It's always best to take vitamins spaced apart and with food because your body absorbs the most nutrients that way.

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search