Teen plus size TTC (18yrold +)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2008, 06:48 PM
Newbies
Hello everyone I'm Emilie I'm almost 18 me and my husband have been trying to make a baby...well He is going into the ARMY so he said he wants a baby b4 he leaves....so we tried Dec 19th 08. well i took 3 tests 1st not preg 2nd was 3rd nope and I started in with really bad cramps and my whole body just was tired and felt like i was sick for 2weeks also ....but i wasnt... but today i started my period and omg it about killed me....I want a baby also...but i'm a plus size girl to 26/28 in jeans....and weight is around 280-290lbs i'm 5'9ft ummmm i have depression and anxiety but take meds for it...helps sumtimes i have high blood presure thanks to my family history both sides have it so yeah....had it for 3-4 years now....take meds for that....ummmm what else.....my next fertaile date is january 11th - 16th so the best day to try would be the 14th or 15th....but my husband works and he don't live with me yet...live away still. but he comes over at least 1-2 times per weeks he used to smoke he stoped but he chews he wears baggy pants so good for his little friends...ummm he drinks not a lot....ummm used to do drugs but stoped.....(was a real bad boy) ummmm i would like sum help on this .....we r ready for a baby and we both work and have really good paying jobs.....i'm a RN he is working part time in the dollar store cuz his other job let alot of people go and he was one of them.....so plz help me ...........i need to know if i could get pregnant and stuff and how to ....ummm well with being plus sized ........thanks everyone.........
December 31st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emily I would first go get a check up and make sure that it's safe to TTC. A lot of women don't realize it, but it's a great thing to do before you TTC to make sure that everything is good with your body. If I was you that is what I would do. GL!
January 1st, 2009, 08:57 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Emily, I may not be allot of help being that I had allot of trouble ttc'ing myself, most women o around cd 14 but definitely not all, I don't o but maybe once a year and when I do it ranges from cd11-cd21, so if you can dtd from about cd8-cd22 every other day that would improve your chances, also stay away from caffeine, it lessons your fertility. I would go to the doctor to be checked also, sometimes plus size gals have pcos which compounds infertility, and they can do some simple tests to see if you have it, if you do most of the time it is treatable with metformin, and allot of women can then have allot of success once they get the hormones under control, I have pcos and take metformin. I am so sorry to hear about you having bp problems, I sometimes have problems with mine, have to wear the holster for 24 hours twice a year. I am sorry I could not be more helpful, good luck

January 25th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Mummy_Boo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It doesnt always work out the first time, even the second or third, thats just the way it works. I agree with Jeni, I would see someone first. Good luck.

Thankyou Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*
For My Beautiful Siggy
Thaya + Jasmin + Imogen =
My Heart, My Life, My Soul

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search