Waiting game...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2009, 09:21 AM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
They said I'd get the results by Friday but when I called them on Friday they said they still didn't have them and to call back Monday.

I don't know what they're running. They only took one vial of blood. She just said that she was going to test my hormone levels.

I'm kind of starting to wonder about this office. Its commercials and their website and everything all focus on the fact that she does laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation and various lipo selection (like lipo suction) services and all that. But she IS listed under OB/GYNs. The office isn't at a hospital (though it is right next to one) and it's in what looks like a house that's just been converted.

I do like the fact that when I went for my yearly back in August, they didn't use the paper dresses. You got a fabric dress. And she was really quick and gentle with everything. I hardly felt what was going on.

But the fact that it will have been over a week getting test results... Just kind of makes me nervous. Especially after you said that you got your results within 30 minutes.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
February 9th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was just got a pregnancy test. My doctors office is a small clinic and they have a lab there. She probably has to send yours out somewhere and then read the results and then contact you. My old family doctor was in a small office and I loved going there. Now that we moved I haven't found a doctor to do my annual that is way overdue!

KUP when you hear from her!
February 9th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Well I called this morning and still no results. Very infuriating. Even if they had to "send it off somewhere" over a week? seriously? Especially since there's a full blown hospital right across the street.

February 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
Hope you get them back soon! they seem to be taking ages
February 9th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Oh I know. I love it. I'm on cycle day 57. Nearly two months without a period.

What really irks me is that if I were pregnant and NOT taking any sort of vitamin, that could be really bad. Now I AM taking a vitamin, but the vitamins I'm taking say actually once a pregnancy is confirmed to stop taking those ones and go to a regular prenatal vitamin, because the ones I'm taking while they are recommended to help with conception, they're not recommended for during pregnancy. So I'm just hoping that it's not harming anything.

Also, what if it was something serious? I mean come on. I guess since I'm not experiencing any pain or really any symptoms at all, it's not an "emergency." But over a week for blood results seems a little ridiculous. Not to mention that when I initially called for an appointment I stated that I was over a week late for my period, and they couldn't get me in for a week.

I'm kind of thinking that I should probably look into getting a different doctor perhaps.

February 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
If your don't hear anything by the end of the week i would ring them back up (maybe ring again tomorrow and see whats going on) if they still don't have anything to give you then i would see someone else, like you said if its anything serious you don't want to be left hanging anf it makes you panic when they leave you in the dark. I'm sure its nothing serioud hun but yeah they really need to get a move on with it.
February 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
is there a main lab anywhere around there? Maybe you can find out whats up from them.

February 10th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I'm so sorry they haven't got back to you. I think I would keep calling and maybe I would try to find another doctor.

If you feel better start taking some folic acid.

I will be looking for your post tomorrow!
February 10th, 2009, 09:04 PM
The vitamins I'm taking do have folic acid in them. It's just it has other herbs and stuff to help your fertility that say they're not necessarily good to continue throughout pregnancy.

Anyway, I called today and they said "Oh well Dr. C- has been out of the office. She won't have a chance to look at the results until tomorrow."

Why the *beep* couldn't they have said that in the first place? I mean seriously. If they'd just TOLD me that the doctor wasn't going to be in then I wouldn't have freaked out.

Regardless, I don't like the way this has been handled, and I will be trying to go to a different doctor in the future.

February 15th, 2009, 10:03 AM
you probably saw my post in the other board. I "fired" that doctor's office when they told me on Friday they still didn't have the results. I told them just to not bill my insurance and I'd go to a different doctor.

I called the doctor that was originally my 1st choice and I have an appt with them on Feb 25.

Just for kicks and giggles I took another urine test today. It was negative. Woohoo CD 63.

February 15th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Anneka I'm sending you some
February 16th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Alright. So the Dr's office called with results. She said my hormone levels are normal, but I'm just not ovulating. So, she offered to call in a RX to get my period started and she also offered to get me an RX to help me ovulate. I told her I'd need to talk with DH first.

I talked to DH and he said I should go for it. Get AF and then whatever meds she wants me on to get me ovulating and change my appt at the other dr for a couple of months in the future to check back and see how things are going.

I called my mom to get her advice and she pretty much just laid out my options to me which really wasn't much advice, but it still helps to hear it from someone else I guess.

What I decided to do is to get a hard copy of the results and the Rx's that the 1st office wanted to give me, and to keep my appt on the 25th with the other office and basically get a 2nd opinion on what the best thing to do is.

I'm not a fan of medicating unnecessarily. If I need it, that's one thing. but if there are alternatives, then I think I'd rather go that rout. I imagine one of those alternatives will be to lose weight. But I have been cutting back some (if I'm not hungry not eating or not eating as much, which normally I'll eat regardless) so hopefully that'll help.

February 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
After 74 days, AF finally decided to pay a visit all on her own, without me even having to drug her. haha!

Nice to finally close this chapter.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search