First time OPK

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2009, 11:24 AM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never touched the OPK's and we have been TTC 1 year. I thought that I would buy a test kit for fun and see what happens. I had EWCM yesterday and then I took OPK today and this is what I got. I only bought 7 tests, so wondering if I should test straight the next 7 days. What do you think?
February 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I've read, and I'm no expert, that you can easily miss your surge if you just test once daily. So if you didn't test consecutively then you could also easily miss it and miss getting a positive.

I guess if you're just curious about toying with them then yeah, test every day as long as you have them.

If you were wanting them for more than just curiosity I would go to early-pregnancy-tests.com and get some of the cheap ones and get a whole bunch. That's the way I got my pregnancy tests that I have now. I didn't get OPK's 'cause I had the fertility monitor I was going to start using. But you can get them pretty inexpensively.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
February 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM
I know I want to do that, but I thought I would just play with the 7 I bought at Walmart. It was almost $12 for seven test. I will test once a day until I get a Positive!
February 1st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
If you're going for the ones that are the mid stream tests they are going to run about that much. But test strips, the ones that you pee in a cup and then dip the strip in, you can get 20 for $18. That way you could easily test almost every day of your cycle just to see what your body is doing.

Sorry I don't mean to be like... I dunno. being annoying with this. But here's the tests I'm talking about. They get less expensive per unit the more you buy. http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/pacof3ovtess.html

Just an idea. And if you spend more than $15 the shipping is free. And it's fast shipping with plain packaging so it isn't obvious who the package is from.

February 2nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Jenny is it possible that you have already o'd and missed your surge, usually ewcm is a great indicator for ovulation.

February 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
February 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
looks like the most recent one is a positive!!

February 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
I would of said a positive from the first test but that most recent one deffo looks like a positive to me
February 4th, 2009, 04:51 PM
From my understanding, OPK's almost always have two lines. But when the "test line" gets to be as dark or darker than the "control" line, that's when it's considered positive.

February 5th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
The last one is for sure positive

February 9th, 2009, 07:15 AM
The more the two lines look the same the more positive it is. YiPPiE!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search