Breast Feeding

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you going to BF?
February 15th, 2009, 03:53 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Yes. I did with Seamus until he self weened at 12.5months. Can't afford formula any way, WIC only gives something like 5 cans now the average baby I was told uses 12 and they are $27ish per can so its way to expensive, and free to breastfeed.
Even though I have to use a nipple shield and some breastfeeding mom's look down on me for it, i dont care because my child is still gettting the breastmilk. (ny nipples are messed up and can't latch correctly, at least Seamus couldn't)

February 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
I plan to hopefully if everything goes to plan
February 17th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have always planned on breast feeding... I haven't done my research on the disadvantages or advantages of it but I want to give my child the best chance of health and if it means to breast feed then so be it....

I see myself breastfeeding until my child no longer wants to but no longer than 2 years... and plus the infant mother bonding time is what I am looking forward to with breastfeeding.
March 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
This is something I've been researching & going back & forth on for a while now. I think I'm going to go with formula-feeding tho.

March 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not pg, but I recently was! LOL

yes, I have breastfed both my kids, and still going strong with Nate, I plan to until 15 months.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 5th, 2009, 07:32 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I just saw this as the recent thread, and even though I'm not pregnant, I have always planned on breast feeding. I want the whole package deal of pregnancy and motherhood and that's always been part of my mental image. My brothers and I were all breastfed and it's just always seemed natural to me.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
July 10th, 2009, 09:10 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of my boys got breastmilk. My first one got pumped milk from a bottle since he was born w/ several heart defects and was too weak to suck. The last 3 were all BF and I plan to BF this one as well. To me other than getting through the cracked nips and some pain it is by far way easier than formula. W/ formula you gotta get up at night to fix a bottle, fix bottles to take w/ you etc. In the first few weeks I can barely get my head up off a pillow, much less stumble around in the middle of the night w/ a measuring cup and water to make a bottle. Just roll over grab the lil bit and pop the thing in his mouth and back to sleep for everybody...lol. But it's a personal choice. I just choose to stay in bed at night...ha ha. Plus me and DH have a deal...I feed the baby and he gets to change his diaper...kinda one sided, but I like my end of the deal!!

July 11th, 2009, 08:44 PM
amholb0's Avatar Mrs.Fitz
I planning on it. If genetics is any indicator of ability I'll be fine, all the mamas in my family BF.
July 11th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
I'm not yet sure. I'm kind of weirded out by the whole breastfeeding thing. I understand the health benefits of breast milk so I'll probably pump IF I can breastfeed. With the medication I'm on for my bipolar, I'm not really *supposed* to but we have to talk it out with the doctor.

August 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think i will do it the first few days for the colostrum, but ff after that. i am really uncomfortable with the idea of pumping (makes me feel like a diary cow)...and i would like sam to be able to feed....and im not comfortable bf'ing in public. i might bf during the day when im home alone and do formula for sam to feed/public..i havent fully decided yet.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 7th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I breastfed Max and plan to breastfeed my next baby.

Don't feel bad about the shield! Whatever works to help you breastfeed your child is what matters! I used one for several months with Max and it was only because he started pulling it off that I stopped.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

August 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM
LBinDesMoines's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to LBinDesMoines
I plan on BF as long as I can- it will be difficult after returning to work....

The only thing I am worried about are my large ta-tas..... I am worried about sufficating a baby! lol probably an silly fear.... I suppose I will deal with it when it comes.
August 29th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
In the case of breastfeeding, size doesn't matter. You're not going to suffocate baby. Most woman have to hold their baby different while breastfeeding but it's because of comfort and ability to latch on rather than suffocation.

I've been talking with my mom and my grandmother about breastfeeding and it seems there's a high possibility that I won't even be able to pump, regardless of the meds. Apparently there's a family history of not producing milk. My great-grandmother never produced milk. Two of her sons were raised on cow milk, two were raised on buttermilk and my grandmother was raised on goat's milk. My grandmother also never produced milk and my mom and her brother were formula fed from the get go. Mom produced milk but it was bad so she had to formula feed all of us. It looks like the odds aren't in my favor.

Last edited by Nyzira; August 30th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.
August 30th, 2009, 12:04 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i just wanted to update

i was NOT going to bf brylie....and now we are 3w and going strong
i also was not down with pumping, and now i love it! I love having my milk stored for her

we do give her 1 bottle of formula at night though because for some reason, she can eat and eat mommy milk and not be able to sleep...2oz of formula and she is out for 5 hours..its very strange to me!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search