Does it seem Like?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Does it seem like pretty much everyone in your ddc is little/skinny, it sure does in mine with the exception of me and two other girls, it's rather depressing, not sure i will share belly bump pics there, I will rather out of place.

April 6th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL, yes. Well, I haven't joined one this time around, but when I was pregnant last time most all of them except for about 5 were thin. I did not share belly pics.
April 6th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Veteran
It did until I started reading this forum, but now I know there are several other August DD ladies here.

Last edited by mbsn; April 6th, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
April 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I will probably share my belly pics here, but not there, i am shy to begin with.

April 6th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
I found that, i believe there is one or two other plus size mummies to be in my DDC, i wasn't going to post my bump pics there but i figured i had nothing to be ashamed of, i can totally understand why you feel uncomfortable about it though i know i do even tho i post them!
April 7th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMama View Post
Does it seem like pretty much everyone in your ddc is little/skinny, it sure does in mine with the exception of me and two other girls, it's rather depressing, not sure i will share belly bump pics there, I will rather out of place.
I'm December DDC, too. I just wandered onto the forums last night, totally unplanned (NOT unwanted) pregnancy, still in a bit of shock. I've been overweight pretty much my whole life so I have NEVER taken a belly pic I doubt I will start with this one, but who knows. Anywho, just saying hi, from another plus size in your DDC

April 7th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Oh, cool, I feel so huge most of the time in there, I was looking at some of the belly pics last night, and most of the girls are so tiny, my pregnancy is kind of a surprise also, I was seeing a doctor and taking a rx to lose weight before my RE appointment, but i think that losing weight helped me get my bfp without meds, Yay!!!

April 15th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltia View Post
I found that, i believe there is one or two other plus size mummies to be in my DDC, i wasn't going to post my bump pics there but i figured i had nothing to be ashamed of, i can totally understand why you feel uncomfortable about it though i know i do even tho i post them!
Yup, I'm in April right along with you. I also have no problems posting my pics.

Ashlay mommy to Jillian Leilani 4/22/09
April 16th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL oh yes! I think there is maybe one other girl in my DDC that has publicly said she is "larger" Not only are the majority of them tiny, the majority of them are also WAY young...which makes me feel not only like the token fatty, but the old lady as well. Goodtimes. LOL. They are a heck of a nice bunch of gals though...so I cant complain.
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

April 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
well ya all know I aint skinny! so there are atleast three nice fluffies in Dec DDC now! I dont know about pics sometimes i dont care, sometimes I do.

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
April 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
That does make me feel some better Lacey, so how are things going girl

April 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Regular
Honestly, I have been afraid to even participate in my DDC because I feel like because I am overweight and kind of high risk I don't have anything in common with them (but I know that is my imagination). At my office, there is another girl pregnant right now - same due date as me, same friggin DOCTOR as me!! She is TINY - and I am developing such a complex about it!!!

But you know, I have never looked at an overweight pregnant woman and thought anything other than how beautiful she was...I don't know why I can't look at myself that way!

Daniel Luke, 9-2-09.
April 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Aww Sharon ((( hugs))) I know the feeling all too well, but i recently just came out and asked in my ddc how many are plus size, and surprisingly allot of them are, which made me feel better, but you are absolutely welcome here anytime also, we are quite glad to have you, so do you know if you are having a boy or girl??

April 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Aww Sharon ((( hugs))) I know the feeling all too well, but i recently just came out and asked in my ddc how many are plus size, and surprisingly allot of them are, which made me feel better, but you are absolutely welcome here anytime also, we are quite glad to have you, so do you know if you are having a boy or girl??

April 29th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon kay View Post
Honestly, I have been afraid to even participate in my DDC because I feel like because I am overweight and kind of high risk I don't have anything in common with them (but I know that is my imagination). At my office, there is another girl pregnant right now - same due date as me, same friggin DOCTOR as me!! She is TINY - and I am developing such a complex about it!!!

But you know, I have never looked at an overweight pregnant woman and thought anything other than how beautiful she was...I don't know why I can't look at myself that way!
Am I reading your ticker right that you're due in August? There are probably more of us plus size folks over there than you realize. Flip through the plus size roll call thread, and you should recognize several of the names.

April 29th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMama View Post
so do you know if you are having a boy or girl??
a boy :-) I didn't really have a preference, but I think I always pictured myself having a girl? Like, I would reproduce my own kind? :-) still, I came to the realization pretty early on that almost all of my issues are..uh, female in nature?? so I can't possibly pass that down to my son, so its really a great thing!!

I do need to look around the roll call - even reading through this thread I didn't realize how many August folks there were :-) Its amazing what you convince yourself when you are in that frame of mind...

Daniel Luke, 9-2-09.
April 30th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Awww my first was a boy, at first i was kinda hoping for a girl, but so glad to have my lil man, i am kinding hoping for a girl this time.

May 3rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also feel like the old, fat lady in my DDC. I don't think I will share belly pics there unless I get a huge burst of confidence from somewhere.

May 9th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL Beth, lets hear it for the old chubby moms! there arent many of us, we need to stick together.
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

May 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm happy that you are in DDC Dec with me Vicki.... I don't feel so self conscious... because yes.. everyone in there is skinny and their bumps are already showing.. even though its just BLOAT... but still....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search