Bummed Bump....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am 21 weeks prego and still have NO BABY BUMP!!!

I had one around 15 weeks and then it started disappearing... the only things that remind me I am prego is the lack of a period, and the feeling of the baby kick...

It has been getting me down because I really want to start showing some time soon!!! I want to get belly pics done professionally with DH and I want people to know I am prego.

People at work are starting to question if I am even really prego because I am not showing at all!! I am in my pre-prego pants again.... ugh...
July 22nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I know how you feel girl and it definitely sucks, I have the same issue I do not recall one person that did not already know I am preggo asking or mentioning anything so I know I don't look pregnant to most people which is quite hurtful. I bet you look great, you should post your bump pics here, you may just not see your bump whereas others can! ((((Hugs))))

July 22nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I should do it... I don't want to in my DDC because I am not like the skinny girls in there...

Am I plus-size... Yes! BUT I don't have a huge belly to begin with and now my belly is back to being smaller like before I was prego...

I am almost 22 weeks prego and still nothing... People at work are starting to be mean and saying things like how I am pretending to prego because there are three others prego with me... But yet I am due before them AND came out to my co-workers that I am prego before the others... I keep wondering if just am going to be one that never really shows?

I have lost a total of 10lbs since being prego... Its just hurtful cuz now even friends that I am close to are doubting me and attaching to the ones that are starting to show... I mean is an u/s not evidence enough!!!!
July 23rd, 2009, 06:18 AM
Veteran
Wow, that's just rotten that people are actually accusing you of making it up. I can't believe some of the things that people say.

I didn't really look pregnant until something like 32 weeks because of my shape and the way I'm carrying the baby. I now have enough of a belly that I could get some nice maternity photos. Don't give up hope. Plan on doing the maternity photos much later in your pregnancy and have them taken whether you think you look super pregnant or not. The photos are about you and your husband and the family you're starting.

Are there any clothing changes you can make to emphasize what bump you have?

Hang in there. Try to ignore the nay sayers. In five months they'll be eating their words. Until then, you have a wonderfully exciting little "secret".

July 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not a big fan of maternity clothes... when I was wearin my maternity jeans one of my friends wanted to know why I had them on, well my regular jeans are tight... and she made an ignorant comment about how I don't look prego but that I may have just gained weight!!!

So on my days off I just wear my scrubs and sweatshirts or t-shirts... I know the other thing that has been getting me down is the so called friend ended up called one of my u/s "creepy".... oddly as it sounds it freaking hurt, that is my child she is talking about!!!!
July 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dont feel bad. I have lost weight as well. But somehow my belly is expanding. Unfortunately for Miabelle she is not getting enough food because of the lack of ability for me to eat. Did you dr say anything about the baby being to small? Try protein shakes....thats what they have me on. Baby has to gain weight.

Thank you Claire1979!
July 23rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a feeling I may be the same way when I get further along. Right now I have a very poofy upper belly but I can tell it is basically all bloat. For now, I look like I am about 6 months pregnant but I know once the bloat goes down, I won't have much of a bump.

You are still pretty early on so you probably just haven't "popped" yet. I know it's frustrating. I look at all the belly pics in my DDC and it makes me a little sad cause I think for the most part I just look fat. I know I will never have the super cute bump that the skinny girls have. We are all in it with you though! I agree you should post pics to share with us. If you do, I will! I just can't post them in my DDC because it makes me insecure that I don't look like the other girls. It may sound stupid and immature but I am slightly insecure about my body and being pregnant has only magnified that insecurity!

Major
July 23rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4baby View Post
Dont feel bad. I have lost weight as well. But somehow my belly is expanding. Unfortunately for Miabelle she is not getting enough food because of the lack of ability for me to eat. Did you dr say anything about the baby being to small? Try protein shakes....thats what they have me on. Baby has to gain weight.

The HR OB told me that the baby is "perfect, and a week ahead of schedule." I wonder if soy protein would be ok to put into shakes.... what kind of protein powder are you using?
July 23rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to take 100% whey protein. Baby is good everywhere but the belly. They focused on her belly for a while. But my HR Dr is also a perfectionist and would rather me do anything and everything than nothing at all.

Thank you Claire1979!
July 24th, 2009, 05:28 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not preggo right now, and I never got nasty "faking" it accusations.

but I didn't look pregnant until the baby dropped and I was in active labor.

I did get questions from the neighbor as to why (after we brought the baby home) there was an "it's a boy" sign in the yard. Umm, because we had a boy. some people are very unpreceptive.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

July 25th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess maybe I am just being hormonal...

I say a friend yesterday whom I haven't seen in a couple months and I got a comment, "You look great! You still pregnant?" *** kind of comment... ugh.. whatever...
July 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
SO my family just has to add insult to injury!!!

I haven't seen my family in about 2-3 weeks they have been out of town and amongst other things, been busy...

So for my mom's birthday we went out to see her and my grandparents and aunt... and wouldn't you know the first thing my aunt said to me was "Oh my God, you're not even showing yet?!?! Are you starving that baby? Why aren't you showing yet, your mom told me Janelle is showing and she is 2-3 weeks behind you."

Yea, I know I am not f*cking showing duh!!!! Ugh I am was about to cry after she said that, and then needless to say the women in my family start talking about Janelle (which is a family friend's daughter who is pregnant and about 2-3week behind me)

So needless to say I am being compared to another pregnant female who is skinnier and not as far along as I am... then they decided to sit there and talk about how cute she is with her "bump" and you can tell she is pregnant, and blah blah blah.. they talked about her for like almost an hour!!!!! ***!!!

Sorry I had to vent... I almost am starting to hope I never show because then that way the women in my family won't have a chance to want to run and touch my belly... I already told them even if I am to show the only two people to touch my belly is DH and I!!!!!
July 27th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Kelly I am so sorry your family is being so insensitive to you, that's just awful, I have no clue what to say to make you feel better, except that i completely understand how you feel, people can be so mean, they had to know that would hurt your feelings. I bet you look adorable and you will get that noticeable bump, I just know you will.
I was thinking i was getting a bump but now I am growing but not up quite so high and my bump is wider so if anything now it's ever more difficult to tell if i am just fat or preggo so I have been quite down the last couple days too (((hugs)))

July 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that people have been so insensitive. When I went to see my family in NC at the first of the month, I wasn't showing either. Everyone told me I looked great but no one said I looked pregnant.

August 27th, 2009, 10:10 AM
DistantSun's Avatar Seeking Serenity
Send a message via AIM to DistantSun
I'm just now starting to show a baby bump, and it's only really my upper stomach that looks pregnant. For some reason, I am carrying very high... during my ultrasound I had to lift my shirt almost all the way up to my breasts to let her look at the whole baby. Almost everyone at my work is like "You're pregnant, no way!" It is a bit frustrating, but I can feel the baby, so I'm **** sure. Ah well, I'm sure it'll happen eventually. My friends that are out of state tell me to take baby belly pictures, but there's not much to see yet. Ah well. I'm pretty sure it'll happen for us all eventually.

Thank you so much, cavewoman!
August 27th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
I've been telling Mom and Hubby today how I feel so crappy because I don't look pregnant at all. It's like I'm carrying SUPER low because I have a waist and the absolute highest I've felt her move is right at my belly button yet all this stuff I read says that I should be feeling her head-butting my ribs. She's nowhere NEAR my ribs! The only way I can feel the baby or my uterus is if I lie flat on my back and even then, I still look like I've always looked. There's no visible lump. The baby is growing fine. Scans and such all show her to be the right size and doing fine.

It's just depressing to not get the "cute" comments from people and to get the disbelief looks when you mention something about being pregnant.

August 27th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I swear I feel like I show less everyday instead of more and it's so depressing, i feel ethan move which is so awesome, I just so wish i would start showing

August 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure if I am showing... DH thinks so but when I look at my belly in the mirror it looks like the baby has just pushed everything up....
August 29th, 2009, 10:14 AM
LBinDesMoines's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to LBinDesMoines
Ok so here is how to look at it positively- It is probably great that you have lost a little weight during the pregnancy - it is healthier for you and it is healtheir for the baby. Let all those nasty people say what they want at the end you will have a beautiful healthy baby!

Isn't so backwards how the skinny gals are mortified to gain baby weight and start showing and the bigger gals don't care and want to rock the big belly!

Life is messed up
August 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Well, I had a talk with the doc yesterday about how concerned I was over not showing. He explained that baby is actually growing right and all measurements are right on schedule and even though I don't obviously look pregnant, it's also not necessarily a good thing to look 11 months pregnant with triplets at only 7 months. But he also said "Trust me. You'll look pregnant before it's all over."

It really reassured me a lot and while I'm still a little sad, I'm also not worried like I was.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search