Preg and plus size but with large tummy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
I'm about 200lbs but I have a large tummy. I've been mistaken for being pregnant even before I was. This is my 3rd pregnancy so naturally I should show sooner but because my belly is so big already, I"ve read that It has to fill the tummy I already have first. But wouldn't the baby just push the fat out and around so that I might look bigger than I really am?

Anyone have the same issue?

I'm 10 weeks and I tried measuring my tummy but get a slightly different number each time. Either from bloating maybe or because it's hard to measure the same area. I make sure it's over my belly button but it could be too high or too low at the back.
January 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
I'm honestly not sure on this one.... I gained a lot more with my first than this time; I also have a "b-shaped" belly, so it never really gets that nice round preggo shape YOu very well may start showing sooner because the baby starts growing in your lower belly, so it would probably push everything else up...

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

January 26th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont know. I am about your size (and a little further along with my first) and I am not showing at all.

Ambie... you said you have a B shape belly (that sounds a lot like mine)... when did you get the preggo belly look?

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

January 26th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Welll..... Mine stayed pretty b-shaped the entire time; I wore clothes that made me look rounder and more preggo... I never got the nice round belly

January 31st, 2011, 12:30 PM
Veteran
I'm also pregnant with a big belly to begin with and I started to show early because it just pushed the fat out. I also have a B belly and the top part is hard and round and that's where the baby is. The bottom part is soft and flabby. My pants hide my lower belly so I just look hugely pregnant. People always think I'm farther along than I actually am. I always lose weight when I'm pregnant and I am currently 2 pounds below where I started and I am at almost 30 weeks. I think this makes me look even bigger because my belly gets bigger and the rest of me gets smaller.

February 21st, 2011, 05:24 AM
mine is too big also......
May 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
I'm only 5 weeks along but I've been upset about the fact that I'm just going to look fat and not pregnant

About how long does it take to show. And I don't know what "B shaped belly" means...
May 11th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here is my prespective in my 8th month.

I still have that B shaped belly. But its much less pronounced. I didnt start really looking pregnant until like 20weeks and then it just came in spurts. But even after 20 weeks, I generally only looked pregnant if I was wearing something that accentuated my belly.

I had a huge growth spurt in the last 2 weeks and now I actually look pregnant. I stayed pretty "small" in terms of my belly for a long time (and i had such envy of women who looked pregnant early).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

May 12th, 2011, 06:19 AM
^ I was much the same as Maureen. I have a B-shaped belly (I have a pooch above my belly button and a pooch below - when I stand sideways, it's almost like a Bshape) and I didnt really look pregnant until about halfway through my pregnancy and if I didn't wear maternity accentuating clothes I didn't look as pregnant... a lot of mine was in the clothing choices! By the end, there was absolutely no mistaking things, though!

June 25th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't really posted on here, so here goes...

I started this pregnancy at 230lbs. I gained 6lbs in the first three months but at my 16 week appointment I had lost 4lbs. I can't say I'm right with you guys in my shape. I've always been so self-conscious about my tummy that I've always engaged my muscles there so my stomach was flatter than my C-cup chest.

But I noticed instead of sticking out at first, my actual waist (not hips) had gotten bigger. I have an hourglass figure so my waist just started growing out to where my belly was normally.

Finally, this week, it has come to be that I can no longer hold my stomach in. It sticks out but isn't exactly round. If I lay down you can by little preggy belly, but you can't see it at all when I'm standing cause all my fat goes down.

I learned that women with longer torsos show later. So even if you're bigger in the tummy area already and stuff goes out a touch more, but not what you were expecting, check how long your torso is.

Women with long torsos have to wait for the uterus and baby to get big enough for it to start showing. The reason is because the uterus has more room and so grows up instead of out.

But women with short torsos don't have the room to spare so their uterus grows outward and they look pregnant earlier on.

I hit 20 weeks on Monday and realized my tummy stuck on on Tuesday. But I swear last week, my stomach was fine.

So maybe if you're showing later than others who are on the same number pregnancy you are, it's because you have a long torso.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search