Rapid Weight Gain

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
Hi Everyone! I was just wondering about this... I know that being overweight you're only "supposed to" gain around 15-20lbs...yada yada yada. I am almost 22 weeks and have gained about 20lbs so far, prolly a little more by now. I don't really go overboard on eating and I try and exercise at least every other day... My metabolism just isn't cooperating and I've tried explaining that to my midwives. Luckily they're not super worried about my weight because otherwise I'm healthy as a horse and at my last appointment was still below my pre preg weight with my first. I just know that I still have almost 20 weeks to go and I am really hating the scale going up so much so fast! Is anyone else having what seems to be a metabolism problem???

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

December 21st, 2010, 07:37 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did the same when pg with DS1, fast weight gain for no real reason-my reason was I had undx gdm. Did they do your gtt yet, prolly too early right?

Lucky mother to five!

December 22nd, 2010, 08:33 AM
If gtt means glucose test, then they did do the 1 hour one already.... pretty early on, actually. i never had any issues with glucose with DS. Actually, with the exception of my weight gain, I was in perfect health... nothing in urine, perfect BP, hardly any swelling (until the very end)...That's basically how I am when I'm not pg - healthy as a horse with exception of my weight.
May I ask what "undx gdm" is???

December 27th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
undiagnosed gestational diabetes-they usually test for that at around 26 weeks

Lucky mother to five!

December 29th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I"m not sure if it was that or not, but around 8 or 10wks they had me drink that nasty orange drink and wait an hour and get my blood drawn... my next appt is at 26 wks and they didn't say anything about ahving blood worrk or any tests done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search