How's everyone's pregnancies going?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
Being a Plus-Sized preggo mommy myself, I was just wondering how everyone else who is expecting is doing with their pregnancies? The main thing I was super worried about seems to be slowing down a little... my rapid weight gain. Plus, I've started to make it a priority to exercise every day and just started doing my Wii Fit again. Not hoping to lose, but hoping to gain far less...

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

January 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am really worried about gaining too much weight. Its really hard to see the scale move up after putting so much work into losing the 50 pounds. I have been sick a lot with morning sickness and I am going to try and start walking/jogging tomorrow or this coming week.

I started at 201lbs, dropped to the low of 191 but I am now 197. I am happy at least that I still havent needed pregnancy pants but it is coming very soon. My jeans are tight (proud I can still fit in the 14s when I was originally 20/22s). They are slightly uncomfortable and now I wear the belly band just for convenience.

Sorry to ramble! I am upset to be gaining and I know its the baby but it doesnt make it easy to see still.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

January 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I completely feel you in the gaining department! Before I got pregnant I had just dropped 40lbs and was 25lbs below my prepregnancy weight with my first! I feel ashamed to say that I have already hit that prepreg weight I just remember that it is for baby and I be sure not to eat a lot of junk and I try and exercise at least every other day if I can't every day. I wish you best of luck and definitely keep us posted!
OO... pregnancy/maternity pants aren't too bad.... I find them super comfy!

January 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Hi there!

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy was bizzare in the sense that I have lost almost 30 lbs; however, my pregnancy weight was 301 lbs.

I have had hypertension and gestational diabetes and have mild preeclampsia so I am on bedrest.

I ate very well during the early parts of pregnancy and even better when I got the GD. I attribute the weight loss to morning sickness though.

Baby will likely be here around 37 to 38 weeks depending on my blood pressure.
January 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 11d4d, feeling pretty good. I gained 4lbs in 4 weeks, I have gd and am already on insulin, so I think that is slowing my gain right now. I really need to hit that treadmill once a day, I really wanted to be a plus mom who lost early on, but it doesn't seem that's how it'll be.
I gained somewhere around 50lbs with DS1, so I'm hoping I don't hit half that this time, but it doesn't look like it.
January 22nd, 2011, 05:25 AM
Soleil.... as long as baby is doing good and is healthy, I'll say that's cool that you were able to lose! I bet you're getting nervous and excited about the next couple of weeks! Is this your first baby?

Marie... I gained about 55lbs with DS.... I lost 35 right away, but had to really work to get the last 20 off and ended up losing even more! It's hard to stay motivated, especially early on. I think I napped and ate through my whole first trimester this time I have managed to get much more active lately, though... I try and do some sort of exercise at least every other day; I love my Wii fit! I gained pretty quick in the beginning, but luckily it's been slowing down and I'm just a few lbs heaviner than my pre-preg weight with DS, so, unless I gain 30 lbs in the next 3 months (OMG I hope not!) I'll end this one smaller than with DS.

Please keep us posted on how you guys are feeling and what-not! Right now, I think I'm one of the very few prego's who is active most of the time on here...
Mine is going pretty well. I'm a little over 27wks and have to go for my glucose test on Tuesday (fun fun). I'm feeling pretty good with 2 exceptions: my back and tailbone have been killing me lately and I've been having Braxton Hicks just about every day (doc says that's normal, though, and as long as they're not regular and hurt and get stronger and what not, then it's fine..... they don't hurt, but I sure notice them a lot!)
HOpe everyone's pregnancies continue to go smoothly! Keep us posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search