Do people think you're fragile???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
So, I am not a weak person; I don't sit back and let everyone do things for me and when I'm pregnant, it's no different. I try and workout most days so that I somewhat stay in shape. DH didn't come home last night because of the snow, so I shoveled our walkway just in case I needed to get out. When I told DH's grandma, she almost died! Apparantely I am "in no condition" to be doing things like that and I better just sit and relax. Ummm hello! It's not a disease. I know what my body can handle and what it can't and if I get tired or sore, I stop. It's not like I was out there for hours shoveling a ton of it. I did it a couple of times when the snow was light (just so I wouldn't have to shovel heavy stuff!) Does anyone else have people tell you that you just need to sit around and have everyone else do things for you? I find it very annoying!

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

February 3rd, 2011, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ROFL! I am not nearly as far along as you, and I was told THE EXACT SAME THING! I am trying to figure out why being pregnant means I cant shovel snow. I am careful to make sure I am not gonna fall, but a little hard work never killed anyone! I am not really in the danger zone of miscarriage anymore. I dont get it. But my work mom was ALL on my case about shoveling.

I also get mad that they all seem to think I shouldnt be exercising at all (or especially not anything strenuous). I am not working out nearly as hard as I used to. I am not able to work out everyday like I used to (due to morning sickness still haunting me). But I still try and walk and even get in a little running when I go to the gym. I dont see why that is a problem. Studies show it will only help me when it comes to labor!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

February 3rd, 2011, 06:22 AM
Exactly! Moderate exercise is good for you any time, especially during pregnancy! Labor is hard work and having a well-trained body is a good thing. My gram-in-law tells me I need to eat more and just sit down and relax all the time. I'm like "HELLLOOOOO!" I'm alraedy big to begin with and if I just sit around and eat... I'll be the size of an elephant! I mean women used to help with the farmwork and everything else around the house when our grandparents were young and what-not. And they delivered babies just fine (ok, for the most part....) I am NOT fragile and I will NOT break (myself or the baby!) UGGGH!

February 3rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am lucky no one is telling me to eat more. I mean I know I am eating for 2 but I am not eating for 2 200lb people! Give me a break.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

February 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Veteran
I got that also about the snow. DH threatened to take the shovel to work with him next time it snows so I can't use it. But, I have had complications with my pregnancies in the past. I started having contractions at about 27-28 weeks with my last pregnancy and had to get shots to stop them and then when I had him I found out my uterus was starting to tear. So, I guess everyone is just showing extra concern.

February 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
OOO... well in that case, I would probably say that you shouldn't be shoveling snow either. I never had any problems during my previous pregnancy, and none thus far with this one. It's just so funny how you get pregnant and all of a sudden get all this extra care and attention!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search