new here - plus sized and preggo!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2011, 05:57 PM
SaucyBoss's Avatar Veteran
Hello,
I recently found out that I'm pregnant (!!!! ) after almost a year and a half of TTC. I'm thrilled about being pregnant, but for some reason, I'm mega scared about becoming even bigger than I am and I'm having real confidence issues with my body right now.

I'm 5'9 and have been hovering around 270-275 for the past 5 years. I've always been larger, and my biggest problem is my belly. Before I found out I was preg. I was trying to get committed to becoming more active and working out more. Now that I know I'm preg., I'm scared of gaining more, when I was really wanting to lose.

I know thats not always the case - my last pregnancy I only gained 5 lbs and that was in 9th month. But this time around, I guess I'm just more aware or more self concious... My belly looks flabby and lumpy and already full of stretch marks already! I know it can't be from pregnancy already b/c I'm only 6 weeks, but I swear I'm finding noticiable stretch marks that weren't before!

How do you keep your confidence while pregnant? I want to enjoy this pregnancy without feeling like shamoo!

TTC #3 since Sept. 2009
BFP February 4, 2011!
EDD October 9, 2011

February 13th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WELCOME!

I am pregnant with my first baby and I am terrified of gaining too much weight. The best I can say so far, is I am trying to pick the healthy foods. I monitor how much I eat so as not to eat too much of the bad for my stuff. I also am trying to get some exercise as much as I can. My dr says just walking for 60 mins a day (and doesnt have to be fast). Those things are enough to keep me feeling like i am not becoming a big whale (and also guarentee that I am not). Hope that helps!

Congrats on the pregnancy!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

February 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
Welcome! and Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!
It can be very difficult to watch the scale go up up up.... As hkystar said, eat healthy food and try and exercise a little bit each day. I"m pregnant with my second as well. Before I got preg, I had just lostabout 40lbs.... I was soooo scared at first about gaining it all back! I just eat healthy (most of the time) and I try and exercise every day. I know I'm doing what I need to and if I gain weight, I know that it's all for baby!
Please come over to the main board and introduce yourself so we can all get to know you!

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

March 3rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations and welcome!!

This is my 2nd term pregnancy, with the first I was very aware of how I looked and how much I was gaining, I felt ever ballooning very early on.

This time, I'm so thrilled and so busy, that I hardly notice what I'm doing wt wise-I'm doing weekly belly pics, and somehow have only managed to gain 6-7lbs and I'm 17 weeks. I had gained most of my 44lbs with DS1 by 26 weeks, then was dx with gdm and stopped gaining once we got better control.
((hugs))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search