I don't want to eat anything

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2004, 05:49 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Lately I am having to make myself eat. I don't want anything. My appetite is low. Nothing tastes good, nothing sounds good. Am I nuts? Do you ever get like this?

July 19th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Veteran
sorry , id love to say i have had that happen to me but all i love to do is eat yummy, i eat everything in sight yum yum sorry , i wish i was in a rut where nothing looked good i could stand to lose a few pounds hehe, maybe your just sick of the same ol' if so i know that feeling and have been lately more willing to branch out and get something difft on the menu at a restaurant instead of the same ol;thing if thats the case i can relate in the way !
July 19th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
I get that way a lot!! tho Im worse at forgetting to eat!!
July 19th, 2004, 09:35 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go through times like that....
Those are the times when I hear it from my mom.
She tells me...You have to eat......She wants me to eat when ever I am around her! (Like I don`t know how to eat when I am hungry) Sometimes she drives me nuts wth it!

August 15th, 2004, 11:06 AM
twinsmom26
I get like this a lot. I dont know what it is, but I just cant eat like a normal person would. When I eat my stomache get's sick, but I have to force myself to eat. Usually I eat one meal a day and that is all I need to keep me going and my DH says that's where my problem is. Probably that I have shrunk my stomache to the point where I just cant eat anymore then I am use to. I know I am not anorexic, because I dont do this to loose weight, I am perfectly happy with where I am at right now, I think my husband is right about the whole stomache thing. Maybe if you try when you get like that to eat a few small things everyday to keep your stomache from shrinking. Does it happen in phases for you. For instance I get like this probably 3 weeks out of the month and then for one week (Aunt flow visits, lol), I can eat a little more than usual. I guess I have no advice, because I am in the same boat as you are. And here I thought I was the only person alive who didnt like to eat, lol. Good luck!!
August 24th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Ma2RayPooh
Quote:
I get like this a lot. I dont know what it is, but I just cant eat like a normal person would. When I eat my stomache get's sick, but I have to force myself to eat. Usually I eat one meal a day and that is all I need to keep me going and my DH says that's where my problem is. Probably that I have shrunk my stomache to the point where I just cant eat anymore then I am use to. I know I am not anorexic, because I dont do this to loose weight, I am perfectly happy with where I am at right now, I think my husband is right about the whole stomache thing. Maybe if you try when you get like that to eat a few small things everyday to keep your stomache from shrinking. Does it happen in phases for you. For instance I get like this probably 3 weeks out of the month and then for one week (Aunt flow visits, lol), I can eat a little more than usual. I guess I have no advice, because I am in the same boat as you are. And here I thought I was the only person alive who didnt like to eat, lol. Good luck!![/b]
i tell her all the time to eat-i get worried about her when she doesnt. dont want my best friend to get sick!
August 24th, 2004, 08:01 PM
lilepad's Avatar Member
Ha! I eat like a horse!! I think it's because of breastfeeding though. I read earlier today that fenugreek is good for increasing appetite--worth a try for you?

Some meds cause appetite issues--i have friends on antidepressants with that problem.

boob man
August 25th, 2004, 06:10 AM
twinsmom26
What is fenugreek? Lately I dont have any problems with my appetite which is unusual so I dont expect it to last long. I'm trying to eat more to keep at my weight which seems pretty hard to do lately.
August 26th, 2004, 10:05 AM
lilepad's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally posted by twinsmom26@Aug 25 2004, 08:10 AM
What is fenugreek? Lately I dont have any problems with my appetite which is unusual so I dont expect it to last long. I'm trying to eat more to keep at my weight which seems pretty hard to do lately.
Fenugreek is a seed often found in Indian and other Mid-east/Asian foods. You can find it at most health food stores. It is also used to help increase breastmilk supply. I saw some fenugreek tea at a natural foods store recently. You can also buy the whole seed or capsules. I often put a handful of seeds in my tea, but I'm not sure that it does much other than add flavor.

HTH

boob man
August 26th, 2004, 10:28 AM
twinsmom26
cool thanks. I will have to give that a try!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search