Yum! Great Harvest Bread!

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2011, 12:23 PM
fennifer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Two things that made me sad about moving from Mi to NC was that i was not going to live close to a Trader Joes or a Great Harvest Bread Co. But i found the bread!!

I'm so happy!!

Have you guys ever tried the bread there before? Omg, it is delicious. Soft and doughy and super healthy (well, for bread, i guess ) It's all natural too. Ava and I were wandering around this outdoor mall Friday and all of the sudden, there it was!! I was so happy to find it. We ran out of time to go in. It was already way past nap time. But at least i know its there, now i can go and stock up. Now, if only Trader Joe's would come to this neighborhood!

Great Harvest Bread Company - Welcome

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 30th, 2011, 02:30 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Never heard of it, but glad you found it I just pulled out my bread machine book and may try something this week. We have Trader Joe's, but not very close, not too far, but just too far to want to drag DD to and it is so mobbed on the weekends that it is not an option.

January 31st, 2011, 08:29 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I love big rolls of balls like that! I really want to learn how to make my own.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Omg, trader Joes is a mad house on the weekend! We could never go there either. We went like Tuesday mornings when no one was there. I like to browse and look at all the food... you can't do that on a saturday. Now i can't do that at all though We have an Earth Fare close to us. Its like Whole Foods. They dont have the selection like whole foods, but its better then nothing!

January 31st, 2011, 12:24 PM
We have this local natural food store which is awesome. It is small, but locally owned and just a real gem. It is just a couple miles from my house. It is not cheap, but i know the money is going back to the community. I do miss going to TJs!

January 31st, 2011, 12:41 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joe's is nuts around here too. I try to go on weekdays, but their carts are small and I don't fit 2 kids in them easily. My kids want to climb out of the cart, so it's usually a disaster.

I haven't had great harvest bread in years. I used to eat it all the time in college. I don't think tehre is one in my current city.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 31st, 2011, 02:46 PM
ours has kid's carts for kids to push, that keeps Zoe a little occupied. But can go haywire at any minute

January 31st, 2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
ours has kid's carts for kids to push, that keeps Zoe a little occupied. But can go haywire at any minute
That would be a disaster A&E would be running people over with the carts and would be going different directions.

Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 31st, 2011, 03:58 PM
every once in a while, Zoe is really focussed and shops with us, but not always. Heck, I am eternally shocked that at 1 & 2 yo story time, Zoe is the ONLY one who does not sit there for 30 minutes. *** is wrong with all the other kids? LOL. I feel like the monster parent there.

January 31st, 2011, 06:14 PM
OMG those little kid carts are the death of me! LOL! Ava always asks to push them, and then she always pushes them into something/someone.. and it's so hard for me to shop and watch her push her cart too... I finally taught her that she only gets a little cart when daddy comes too. That way i can watch her!

I think we have a little tiny healthy food store like that here too. Run by the community and it gives back to the community. I've never checked it out. I want to say it's called Deep Roots or something? I've only lived here about 4 months, but it's on the 'must check out this store' list!

January 31st, 2011, 06:32 PM
I've taken my kids to story time a few times. It's always a huge disaster. They never sit and eveyr other kid does. The librarians always act annoyed that a little kid won't sit for the entire store. A&E want to get up and look at the props and books.

365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search