What type of 'eater' are you?

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What type of 'eater' are you?
I'm Vegan (I don't eat or use animal products) 0 0%
I'm a strict Vegetarian (no eggs or dairy for me) 0 0%
I'm a Lacto-ovo Vegetarian 4 44.44%
I'm a Lacto- Vegetarian 0 0%
I'm an Ovo- Vegetarian 0 0%
I eat fish 1 11.11%
I eat chicken 0 0%
I eat fish and chicken 4 44.44%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2005, 01:37 PM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since there are various categories of vegetarians, and those who are here seem to be of different preferences, I thought I'd do a poll, even though there aren't many of us around.

--Eden
March 31st, 2005, 02:46 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am not a "real" vegetarian anymore. I eat chicken and fish now. I was a very strict vegetarian for ten years.

I struggled with the decision to eat chicken/fish again and I have recently come to terms with this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 31st, 2005, 03:04 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I do eat dairy although I substitute my dairy whenever possible (reg cheese for soy cheese and milk for soy milk). I don't eat eggs but I do eat them in things so I guess that is the same thing. I have tried eating vegan before but it was just too hard.
March 31st, 2005, 03:38 PM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was vegetarian, I didn't really eat eggs, but I too didn't obsess about eggs in some products. And I DON'T like cow's milk...which I believe is only for calves (don't mind me..hehe). I substitute with soy milk and almond milk. I do miss cheese, though. Soy cheese without casein, just isn't the same.
I'm thinking of limiting my chicken/ fish intake. There are just so many risks these days, especially when one is pregnant.
March 31st, 2005, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Eden@Mar 31 2005, 06:38 PM
And I DON'T like cow's milk...which I believe is only for calves (don't mind me..hehe). <div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I agree
April 1st, 2005, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I too used to be a strict vegetarian, not Vegan, but no meat at all for several years. Now I eat chicken and fish sometimes. I don't eat red meat at all unless I'm pregnant and really really craving it. (I believe it's important to listen to those strong pregnancy cravings as it's usually your body telling you of some vital nutrient it needs for the work it's doing. Kind of like, hey can you hand me some Calcium, I'm building bones right now. I'm weird I know) I don't crave red meat when I'm not pregnant though and don't miss it at all. I also go through phases when I again don't eat any chicken or fish either, so I guess I'm just wishy-washy.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
April 11th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Super Mommy
If it weren't for cheese I'd be vegan in a heartbeat as it's the only animal derived product I feel I would not know how to do w/ out. I already stay away from almost all other animal derived products (gelatin, honey etc...) and have really researched all the animal derived ingredients which many do not realize are animal derived and I stay away from those, but just cannot cut out the cheese! I have cheese in some form every single day. Every meal can easily have cheese in it. The only times I don't have some sort or amount of cheese is when I'm having/making some kind of Asian cuisine. I was practically vegan for a year 4 or so years ago and ate the rice and soy cheeses and they were and still are simply horrid! Textures are okay, but tastes wise they're putrid and I just couldn't do it any longer. Amazing that companies can create excellent meat alternatives, but still have yet to come out w/ a decent tasting faux cheese!
April 12th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Cheese is my downfall too - I eat it every day and can't imagine cutting it out altogether!
April 14th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Veteran
I am a Pesto Vegetarian. I will eat fish and dairy. I have been getting the
Heebie Geebies at the thought of fish lately though. I don't have cravings only
Heebie Geebies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search