introduction..

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2011, 08:34 AM
miamor
didn't know there was a vegetarian mommies board until today.
my name is maria, i live in colorado. i've been vegetarian going on 14 years.
i just had my first baby on march 31st, a boy, named carlos. my husband is 95% vegetarian because that's how we eat at home. he will eat meat when we go out to eat tho.
anyway, i want to raise our son vegetarian and my husband has no objections. i talked to the pediatrician about it before i even had the baby and she was very supportive. says some of her healthier patients eat vegetarian or mostly vegetarian diets.
anyway, just wanted to introduce myself!
June 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Welcome! I know you from the other board i host, the breastfeeding board I am raising my DD vegetarian. My DH is not vegetarian and only recently has DD been wondering what is on DH's plate, etc. So in her world, DH eats a lot of "yucky" things, LOL!!!

June 1st, 2011, 11:38 AM
miamor
yeah, i noticed you were here! now we can exchange recipes it's nice to see someone who is raising their child that way and it's good to know you haven't had any issues with her health from it. some people dont know how to get protein in their diet without eating meat.

when my husband's parents visit his stomach gets upset and he starts to feel sick from all the meat they eat and he eats while they're here. that's the only time animal is cooked in this house. he always says he's so glad to go back to eating vegetarian when they're gone because he feels so much better. he realizes that the diet will be better for our soon too, so i dont get any objections. he does worry that if later our son wants to try meat it's going to make him really sick.
June 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
DH fought me about raising DD veg while pregnant, but once she was born he was ok with it, which is good because it was a fight i was NOT going to lose! LOL

I made this tonight for DD

Meatless Monday: Spinach Brown Rice Balls | Cooking with My Kid

June 1st, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hello!! My name is Hollee. This is my very first post on the JustMommies boards!! I am vegan, and I'm not currently pregnant, but will be trying beginning in July! Excited that there is a vegetarian forum!!
June 1st, 2011, 08:10 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome. I've been veg since 98 and my family is similar to yours. My dh doesn't eat meat at home but will out and about. My ped is also supportive of raising my kids veg. Totally lucked out there. My husband has no problem raising them veg. Now if only I can get my fil to realize that it's not funny to offer dd hamburger...

June 2nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holz0913 View Post
Hello!! My name is Hollee. This is my very first post on the JustMommies boards!! I am vegan, and I'm not currently pregnant, but will be trying beginning in July! Excited that there is a vegetarian forum!!
Welcome and best of luck TTC!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Swab-- i would be so sore if someone offered DD a hamburger, argh!

June 3rd, 2011, 07:23 AM
miamor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
DH fought me about raising DD veg while pregnant, but once she was born he was ok with it, which is good because it was a fight i was NOT going to lose! LOL

I made this tonight for DD

Meatless Monday: Spinach Brown Rice Balls | Cooking with My Kid
those look really good! i bookmarked it. i'm going to give them a try. my 10 year old nephew is visiting this week so maybe i'll do this with him. tho i doubt he'll eat them. that kid only eats bread and cheese. i'm not even sure how he grows
June 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
i think they would have tasted better with some parm cheese in them, so next time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search