Attending a wedding as a vegan sucks!

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My brother in law got married this past weekend and DH and I stood for them. Lots of fun but I was not excited about our food situation. There are so few scenarios when I can't be in complete control of our food, but this was one of them and it really hits you how differently you eat from everyone else!

The menu for the wedding was:

Garden Salad- Vegan friendly without dressing
Chicken with cheese -Not
Beef tenderloin - Not
Creamy pasta salad with cheese and bacon -Not
Parmesan mashed potatoes- Not
Buttered Carrots -Not

We couldn't even eat the veggies b.c they were cooked in butter! lol. I totally don't blame the people who chose this menu (my sister in law), because those are the foods they eat and we're the ones who eat differently, but oye...being involved in a wedding all day long, and then only eating a salad just about killed us!

So what is one situation in which you had to choose between giving in and compromising your beliefs, and starving for an entire day? What did you choose?

*BTW, I planned ahead enough to pack some Cliff Bars and sunflower seeds so we had something to munch on

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 01:19 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
most weddings i go to had a vegan or veg option as entree and the bride and groom ordered me a veg meal. however, at my one friend's wedding the meal was frozen! my aunt's wedding, however, the meal was awesome. it was sauteed portabello mushrooms.

July 26th, 2011, 02:22 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm lacto ovo veg so I'm not in many situations where there is nothing for me to eat. Bringing snacks like you did though was a great idea.

July 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm also lacto-ovo so I can usually find something to eat. Unfortunately, when I was in basic training (I'm in the Army Reserve), I had to compromise a bit because going 10 weeks with nothing to eat and working out every day, I was going to kill myself. I had to force myself to eat fish every once in a while because there was nothing else to eat and my body needed the protein. Often, I would trade with my buddies, offering them my portion of meat in exchange for their milk and veggies. Since then, I've never been in a situation where there were no options for me and I usually carry around snacks.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search