Healthy meals for a day

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 03:10 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I'm veg because I don't like to eat animals, not for health reasons. My energy levels lately though have been pretty low so I'm looking at my diet as the cause of that. Everytime I eat "healthy" I end up starving by the end of the day because I'm not grazing all day like a should.

So can some of you provide me with a days example of what you eat?

July 26th, 2011, 03:19 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Today:

Breakfast- cottage cheese oatmeal pancakes
Lunch- Mega salad with 1/2 avocado in it
Snacks: 2 nectarines, grapes, cherries, handful of goldfish crackers, a cup of dry cereal to munch on
dinner- black bean enchilada (see other thread! LOL) and steamed veggies.
dessert- mango sorbet

this is pretty close to what i normally eat. breakfast is oatmeal, cottage cheese pancakes, omelettes, etc. Lunch is always a mega salad, snack is generally a generous amount of fruit, dinner is veg and protein, whether it is steamed or roasted veg with a veggie burger or sauteed tofu, etc.

July 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm assuming the avacodo with your salad is what gives you the fat at lunch to feel full? I'm always hungry after salads but I'm not sure I eat enough fat with it to make it filling.

July 26th, 2011, 04:51 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
yes, i put a half of avocado in and i get avocados at Costco, they are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! And snacking on lots of fruit helps

July 26th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breakfast - Green smoothie and toast with almond butter
Lunch- Lentils and rice with avocado, kale, tomato and nutritional yeast
Dinner- Vegan mac and cheese with green beans and canteloupe

My nutritionist told me to eat an avocado a day. Yup, a whole one every day. And I do, and I never feel hungry. If I'm not making a meal where it will fit in (fajitas, a sandwich, etc...) I'll throw it in my morning smoothie.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

July 27th, 2011, 04:29 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't always eat as well as I should but for

breakfast I like to do some combination of toasted whole grain English muffin with cream cheese and jelly, soy "bacon", an egg, cereal and/or a homemade yogurt parfait with fruit, granola, and honey. If I'm eating cereal, I'll have juice or water to drink, if not, a glass of milk or soy milk. Sometimes, I'll make a smoothie featuring silky tofu, fruit, milk, and sometimes peanut butter. It gives me a nice, high protein, filling start to my day.

Lunch, I'm usually at work, so I'll have a salad from the cafeteria at work along with fruit, bread with cheese, and a granola bar from home. I'll have either tea, juice, or water to drink. <--- This is usually my least filling meal, and I'll often snack afterwards up until dinner.

Dinner, I'm a big fan of tempeh because it is so yummy and quick to make. Tonight I had perogies and tempeh sauted in olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, and rubbed sage and a croissant with a little bit of swiss cheese. I had lots of water to drink b/c I was feeling dried out. <---this is a bad meal, b/c I had no veggies.

I also do quite a bit of snacking throughout the day: fruits, granola bars, dry cereal, yogurt, homemade popcorn (usually seasoned with olive oil and a dash of salt), etc.

Some other meals that I like for lunch or dinner are:

grilled cheese w/ tomato and basil (sometimes I'll add mayo and/or garlic for extra flavor) with tomato or mixed veg soup (during the winter) or sweet corn (during the summer)

Grilled portabella mushroom caps on sourdough bread with cinnamon and nutmeg seasoned fruit salad on the side

Spinach and raspberry salad w/ feta cheese and stuffed mushrooms on the side

Pork-chop-style breaded tofu with veggies

Chinese-take-out style firm tofu and veggies

Anything containing tempeh! My favorite tempeh is organic flax tempeh because it has even more great nutrients, tons of protein, and an amazing nutty flavor.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search