What's Cooking this week? 12/31/12

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Happy New Years! Any black eyed pea recipes? i had the stomach flu last week and froze all my leftovers from Xmas eve, so i have that. I think i am going to make a chickpea salad and i also got a recipe for a black bean and sweet potato salad.

December 30th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Super Mommy to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
Happy New Years! Any black eyed pea recipes? i had the stomach flu last week and froze all my leftovers from Xmas eve, so i have that. I think i am going to make a chickpea salad and i also got a recipe for a black bean and sweet potato salad.
I do a black eyed pea seitan and after it's done and rested up for a while just before serving I top it with a bbq sauce and stick it under the broiler for it to get bubbly..... I just add a can of black eyed peas pulsed in the food processor to my normal seitan....

I also like to sautee black eyes peas in a pan with onions, sweet peppers, cauliflower or broccoli add, chili green tomatoes from the can and season up to your liking....I like to add mustard greens to wilt down at the end as well.

Thats two things I do with them!

tonights dinner is a vege steak and mushroom loaf with vegan scalloped potatoes, and mixed veges
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
December 31st, 2012, 05:27 AM
Fat Free Vegan has a nice black eye pea pressure cooker recipe i may do, but who knows. I am feeling lazy.

January 1st, 2013, 02:57 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I came home to my sweet man after 10 days away...he made me "Christmas dinner"--an amazing warm kale and white bean salad, fresh tomato slices, and sauteed mushrooms over polenta. It was delicious!!

Now I've got the jones for kale, which he snagged fresh from his mom's garden...and I just learned the BEST dressing for kale salad EVER: equal parts lemon juice, olive oil and Braggs (though I go a little heavier on the lemon juice than the Braggs or it's too salty for my taste, but y'all should try it! Seriously!). I'll be making this a few times this week, methinks. I usually do kale, bell pepper, cucumber, shredded carrots, red onion, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.

Last edited by MandyRS; January 1st, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
January 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
everyone has been raving about massaged kale salads lately

made this for DD today and it was easy and good.

Chickpea Nuggets Recipe for Kids | Veggie Converter

January 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Super Mommy to be
bean burritos and home made plaintain chips..............oh and left over cranberry salad
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search