What's Cooking This Week? 1/6/13

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 03:38 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Happy New Year!

I was on a roll today! i made DD raspberry choc chip banana bread for breakfast, for dinner I made hot and sour soup, cashew cheese fondue for DD and she and i made cheezy breadsticks. The cashew cheese fondue was my first try at cashew cheese. It was a total kid friendly success!

this is the recipe
Dreena's Vegan Recipes: "Vegveeta" Cheese Dip

DD loved dipping in it!

here is a pic

January 7th, 2013, 06:36 AM
miamor
that plate looks a lot like how i feed carlos...and that dip looks interesting...my pedi doesn't doesn't recommend nuts before age 2 so we're still waiting. a few more months i guess! i'm dying to give him nut butters already.
anyway, i sent the dip link to a friend who is vegan because of serious dairy intolerance.

this weekend we did a massaged kale salad that was AWESOME. i also made some chick pea nuggets (they had egg, so not vegan) on saturday. carlos didn't show much interest but i'll try again. my husband and i really liked them.
last night was boring grilled cheese with tomato night. we ate a late lunch out yesterday, so we we werent very hungry for dinner.

no idea what i'm doing tonight, but i have two more bunches of dino kale, so we might be doing another salad since it was so good. i have two frozen containers of vegetable cannelloni my mom made for me early last month while she visited, so i'll probably bring some of those out.

i wish i could meal plan, but i'm terrible at it.
January 7th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I never heard of no nuts before two, i thought it was just no peanut butter before one, or was it two? i forget. LOL. I am a bad momma

January 7th, 2013, 02:14 PM
miamor
everyone says that to me! that they've never heard of no nuts before two. one lady told me my dr must be crazy i had heard no peanut butter before 1.
i dunno, that's just what the practice i go to prefers. only 3 more months i guess!

this limits me like crazy
January 7th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Super Mommy to be
me and me my friends are having a raw vegan lunch tomorrow... raw pizza, 'spagehtti' and 'meat balls', fresh corn salad and vege pate sushi and possibly stuffed peppers
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
January 8th, 2013, 04:17 AM
keep us posted on your raw lunch!

Well, 3 months is pretty close, but it is your decision. We had no food allergies (except milk) in my family, so i was ok with peanut butter at 1.

January 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM
miamor
my mother in law is allergic it almonds, but they told me no nuts before 2 before they found that out.
January 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy to be
the lunch was great! our next months theme is going to be Mediterranean and since it will be Valentines we're having a get together where we 'allow' our spouse to come !!
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
January 9th, 2013, 03:50 AM
oooh there is a raw place nearby, maybe i should check it out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search