Easter?

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 04:17 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Any Easter plans? Do you celebrate? how do you do it naturally, plant based, etc?

We have very little candy, i bought one chocolate bunny and natural and vegetarian jelly beans, the rest is toys. The eggs are all filled with toys/play necklaces, etc. I may go pick up some silly putty eggs.

We are going into the city for the night Sunday so we are going to cruise China town and probably hit up a vegan restaurant there. My top pick restaurants in the city are not open on Sundays () so i am hoping to hit one for lunch Monday before heading home.

March 29th, 2013, 09:43 AM
miamor
i still dont know what i'm cooking. i might do some kind of asparagus fritata thing in one of my magazines. i saw a few great cold grain salads too. i dont really do the traditional easter meal. my in laws are here so i have to make sure they like what i cook too. there will be no dead pigs or lambs
and it's also carlos' birthday! so we're having carrot cake for his birthday cake.

i'll probably pick up some little dark chocolate bunnies/eggs at whole foods for carlos and a couple of little toys for a basket. he's getting birthday gifts that day to, so he should have plenty to be occupied with!
March 29th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Happy Birthday Carlos!!!!!!!

what about this instead of a fritatta?

http://www.edamam.com/recipe/vegan-p...6ac2/hemp+milk

March 29th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Super Mommy to be
Don't have a clue what I am doing....may make some stuffed shells one day soon
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
March 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM
miamor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
Happy Birthday Carlos!!!!!!!

what about this instead of a fritatta?

Vegan Pasta Pie Recipe - Edamam

that looks pretty good! ...funny cuz i have tons of leftover spaghetti noodles from two nights ago!!
hm..some of the stuff i dont have..millet flour, sorghum flour, or hemp milk. i have some oat milk, i wonder if that would work.
anyway, thanks! i still need to go to the grocery store later, so i'm going to check that out...looks way heartier too.

anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes. i cant believe he's going to be 2..so crazy!
March 30th, 2013, 03:04 PM
miamor
i just made the carrot cake you linked a few weeks back when i asked about carrot cakes. the batter tasted pretty good, so we'll see how the cake is.
i'm making a two tiered cake so i doubled the recipe for 2 8 inch and 2 6 inch cakes.
i made little fondant vegetables last night, they're super cute. i wish it was faster to upload images for me so i could show you. i did have to use the wilton colors, but i did find some ready made fondant with no gelatin.
i was going to make my own fondant but this week with my in laws has been a bit hectic. everything i wanted to do is behind schedule.
anyway, i compromised with my husband that i'd make a vegan cake, but i had to do real cream cheese icing.
March 30th, 2013, 03:38 PM
real cream cheese icing is good! i find vegan buttercream is delicious, but creamcheese, not as much as the real deal.

THe flour, you can sub regular flour for those.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search