iron (again)

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By miamor

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 08:46 AM
miamor
ok, so yesterday at his 2 year wellness check, dr checked his hemoglobin because he's vegetarian, yadda yadda..

ok, tho i've seen different charts, she said normal is 12 right, he got a 11.9 and she told me to supplement him with iron twice a week!! ***!
and he's allowed to start eating nuts now, which is gonna bump up his iron intake, so why would i supplement? she had the nurse who tested him tell me because she had another appt and i asked really?? and she said she has to tell me what the dr wants. she said she asked her to tell her if his iron level was under 12 to supplement. anyway, i wish i could have discussed it with the dr, but we had already been there 1.5 hours and had to leave.

what do you think?

oh and he was 28.1lbs (63rd percentile), 35.5 inches tall (86th percentile) and 19.75head circumference (96th percentile).
April 2nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
miamor
ok i'm totally surprised because she called me today to discuss it. i told her he's going to start a multivitamin now that he's 2 and he's going to be eating nuts now and she said she was perfectly happy with increasing his iron that way, but she would like to see his iron above 12, etc.
myfavoriteshoes likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:19 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Just ask to retest in 3 months. We never had DD's iron tested or discussed. I think she brought up the blood test at a year but because she was mostly still only nursing, we decided against it. Welcome to the wonderful world of nuts

April 9th, 2013, 06:04 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
We are only just getting Sam's checked at 4.5yrs old because he needs other blood tests done anyway, so dr just included that in there JUST to check and make sure he's okay because he's a picky one lol

April 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM
miamor
i'm curious to know how sam's iron checks out! KUP!
April 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
will do! tests are on friday...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search