what's cooking this week? 4/7/13

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By miamor

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
miamor
(only cuz meredith isn't here to do it this week, i'm not hijacking )

anything interesting? oldies but goodies??

i cooked almost all slow cooker stuff out of the new book last week and i gotta say, the books look pretty boring for 4/5 things i prepared were pretty decent. the pasta with beans and herbs meant well but i think flavor was lacking. i would revisit, but with my own seasonings. the other recipes were actually seasoned well.

last night we made home made corn tortillas (a la rick bayless) and i made a mango and lime and cilantro dressing to dress some raw kale with. we did black beans and "chick'n" tacos. it was really tasty.
no clue about the rest of the week since i didn't meal plan and my mom and niece will be in town.

on a separate issue, my niece tried to go vegetarian twice and she's 11. her family isn't supportive and she didn't like any of the vegetarian food my sis in law made for her, but it may have been the execution. i like to think one day she'll get it right and go meatless..but i cant say for sure if she's cut out for it. she's a super non picky eater as far meat dishes because of how her family eats, but i dont know if she's been exposed to enough variety of non meat items to make the change to actually enjoying the food.

ok i know when it gets too long you stop reading, so i'll end it here
April 8th, 2013, 12:58 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
When I became vegetarian my mother refused to cook for me so i ate rice a roni with cubed tofu. lol

as far as this week? i just got home from my trip and am exhausted. i think i am going to make quinoa salad and the moroccan veggies again.

April 8th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Super Mommy to be
let me recommend CHef Chloe's cookbook..pick it up...a lot of neatos in there and well as the Vegan Holiday cook book........
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
April 9th, 2013, 06:01 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
I'm in loooove with Let Them Eat Vegan cookbook by Dreena B. Have made so many recipes from there now. You just have to make bigger portions though because I think they are meant for child sized only. So to feed adults, I usually double up and there's enough for Sam and leftovers (sometimes) for Moe's lunch the next day.

April 9th, 2013, 08:33 AM
miamor
i'm going to check out both of these books! thanks!

the happy herbivore book makes pretty small portions i think. i know there's only three of us, but sometimes i want more leftovers.
myfavoriteshoes likes this.
April 10th, 2013, 04:15 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
yep Happy Herbi is the same way. Increase portions (double up recipe)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search