i swear i'm always hungry!

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mgm78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 11:58 AM
miamor
how can i bump up protein or fiber or anything to feel fuller without kicking up my calories too much?
i'm doing pretty well on my weight loss journey (8lbs so far) but i need to feel fuller. i eat like every 2-3 hours and probably eat 1600 min. calories a day. and i'm still breastfeeding.
April 16th, 2013, 04:20 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
have you thought about trying Weight Watchers?

salad? i would try a bigger breakfast high in protein like egg whites or tofu scramble

April 16th, 2013, 04:37 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Start your day with the meal that has the most protein and calories... and then have a snack of nuts and seeds or granola with fruit. And then have a lunch with a bit less calories but a good amount of protein, and then another snack of hummus or dip with veggies... and then a lighter but pretty consistent dinner. Oh and have a snack before bed (a bowl of cereal is always a good choice).

April 16th, 2013, 06:38 AM
miamor
those are all good ideas, i'm going to have change up my earlier meals. i typically have 10-12 grams of protein at breakfast.
meredith, i am on weight watchers! remember my low milk issues i annoyed you with my first week into it? it leveled out once i increased my points to exclusively breastfeeding since this kid nurses so much still i'm losing about 1lb a week and i need to find a way to change the quality (proteins i guess at this point), not quantity of what i'm eating.
April 16th, 2013, 01:24 PM
quantity has nothing to do with it all... focus on quality, yes.

April 17th, 2013, 04:31 AM
i was not sure if you were still doing WW

I would try to fill up on protein. If you are eating dairy, i heard nonfat greek yogurt is 0 points?

April 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
miamor
hmm...i think greek yogurt still counts as 4 points or so.
i tried that a few weeks, but it doesn't make my brain feel satisfied or something. it's like i'm still craving carbs, not proteins. i guess i'm craving sugar all the time still...maybe it's the breastfeeding.
April 18th, 2013, 04:18 AM
generally sugar cravings mean more protein. what do you generally eat in a day and when? i find apples are a good, filling snack.
myfavoriteshoes likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 09:07 AM
miamor
i soemtimes eat 2 apples a day...and i usually eat a lot of citrus and pineapple and melon. you would think that would handle the sugar cravings.
i'll try to up my protein but today at lunch (yes soemtimes i eat lunch at 10, it happens when your kid wakes up at 4.30-5am) i had about 16-18 grams of protein and after waiting 15-20mins, i HAD to eat two mandarins to satisfy the feeling that i wanted something sweet on my palate.

hm...before joining weight watchers 2 months ago, i was eating a lot of refined sugars (lack of consistent sleep started that habit)...could i have sugar withdrawal still? i wonder how long it takes to get over that.
April 19th, 2013, 04:18 AM
It may take a while to get over the sugar habit for sure.

fruit is better than refined sugar!

April 19th, 2013, 05:22 AM
miamor
yah, i have cut back tons. id ont know how much more fruit i can eat

plus...LO still wakes up every 2-3 hours and i get crap sleep, that doesn't help me not crave sugars.
April 19th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I'm right there with ya. Elijah sleeps like crap (day and night) so I dont get much zzz's. I crave a lot of sugar and now we're battling thrush AGAIN! Ugh! We need to do a big candida diet month or something... Even Sam and DH have it. This sucks!

April 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM
miamor
ugh i'm so sorry for you guys. we had severe thrush for nearly 3months. i had to take daily pills for 2 weeks to get "rid" of it tho i swear we both still have it mildly. it was in my milk ducts and the pain was horrendous. i hope you guys get rid of it soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search