What's Cooking This Week? 8/18/13

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 03:49 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I made sweet potato, lentil, cabbage thai curry last night again, and for lunch i mad Oh She Glow's raw pad thai. It was great and i got to break out my spiralizer I added a little rice vinegar and gomasio. Yum.

August 19th, 2013, 01:27 PM
this for dinner tonight Chickpea Tacos Recipe | Happy Herbivore

August 20th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
Those look good! I think I'll have better luck with making my own taco shells than I have with making my own burrito wrappers. I really want to revise my definition of burritos from "thirty-five cents worth of food you're willing to pay $5 for because you're SO hungry" to "three and a half cents worth of food...." but I need a LOT more practice.

I put the last of my apples in the dehydrator today and need to pick up a lemon so I can make watermelon rind pickles. I may or may not get to the Farmer's Market for cucumbers and/or beets to pickle this week.

On the short term front, I'm cooking up some onions and blanched summer squash from the freezer, tossing in some garbanzos, and serving it over bulgur for dinner tonight.
August 21st, 2013, 03:53 AM
I got to pick up my friend's CSA share as she is on vacation this week and i am in love. We tried a CSA last year and were sorely disappointed, this was amazing. I have no idea what i will do with everything, but it was bountiful and beautiful

I ordered a tortilla press to try to make my own tortillas, should be here end of week or early next week!

I usually just put onion, black beans, corn, sweet potatoes and spices in my burritos.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search