The Vegetarian Thanksgiving Thread!

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2013, 04:36 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
What are you planning for Thanksgiving (if you celebrate) as part of your vegan or vegetarian meal plan? We are going to DH's cousins about 3 hours away, so I am starting to plan what i am going to bring. The hardest for me is going to be a gluten free, vegan stuffing. I should probably start experimenting NOW!

November 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
I'm getting off easy this year.

ds1 and I have a love/hate relationship with Tofurkey. All I have to do is thaw that and he does the rest. My family's traditional stuffings are cranberry and chestnut, but we're saving those for Christmas and blowing the dust off the November 1993 copy of Vegetarian Times that has all the recipes I wanted to make when I was a young wife and new mother being hustled off to the in-laws with a "Yea, yea, yea, maybe next year but my mom went to a lot of trouble making tuna jello just for you since you're too stubborn to eat your meat even though it's Thanksgiving".

It's not like I never got to make wild rice and shiitake stuffed squash and anasazi bean soup on days that WEREN'T Thanksgiving, but this year feels extra special to me.

I'm not sure why brussel sprouts were important to me but they were, so I grabbed them. We had them the last year MY mother young enough to fly out to spend Thanksgiving with us.

I haven't actually done Thanksgiving in something like 8 years because I always had to work or chose to volunteer and xdh liked doing it for the kids we have in common. ds1 is still going over to his house for the ball game (there is a ball game, isn't there?) and coming here after the other 2-3 Thanksgivings he goes to so he can help us put up the tree and sing off-key Christmas carols after we're so stuffed that we can't eat another bite.
November 26th, 2013, 03:55 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
We are not doing Tofurkey, probably some sort of tofu almond ball thing a friend made the other day as soon as i get the recipe. I decided to just skip the stuffing.

November 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
We had ours last month, but I might still make something nice dunno yet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search