Meet your Meat video!!

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2004, 11:51 AM
twinsmom26
http://www.meetyourmeat.com/

You can scroll down and download the video. I heard it's pretty disturbing so I dont have the guts to watch it. Maybe some of the nonvegetarians can watch it to see how these animals are treated. Just a thought!!
October 5th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Ma2RayPooh
i have the balls to download it and watch it. it is downloading right now. i will let you know how i feel afterwards.
October 5th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Ma2RayPooh
i watched the one of the turkey farm so far and you see not to be gross on this board. but that is what i am use to. my grandfather was a dairy farmer, then went to raising beef cattle. my aunt and uncle use to own a chicken farm, not just a few chickens i mean a big old chicken farm with 6 differnt buildings. i have been in a butcher shop and have seen cows haning skinned. my dad, grandfather, uncles, aunts, my mom, even me we were at one time all hunters. my dad, grandfather and uncles still are. i have seen skinned deer, bear, turkeys, fish. you name it i probably have seen it. so i guess growing up my whole intire life like that these things dont bother me. i have seen some things you girls dont even want me to post in here. but i still eat meat, i see no problem with it. i am not trying to say you all are weird or whatever b/c you dont eat meat. if that is what you want then i think that is awesome. me personally though, i think i will always eat meat. sorry
October 5th, 2004, 01:07 PM
twinsmom26
O.k. thanks Jessica for having "the balls", lol. Anyways did you watch the rest or are you planning on it? I would imagine that watching a cow being slaughtered (the entire process) would be pretty disturbing.
October 5th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Ma2RayPooh
it is still downloading it is at 77% right now, taking FOREVER to download. anyway, i have seen a cow being skinned before. i wasnt to bothered, like i said above that is how i grew up.
October 5th, 2004, 01:15 PM
twinsmom26
I know youve seen a cow being skinned, but have you seen a cow being killed? Even though it would make me very sad to see a cow being skinned, it would hurt me so much more to see it being killed before skinned.
October 5th, 2004, 01:31 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
I am at work, so I can't down load it. But it probably is gross, but not disturbing to me at least. Why would it? I mean, I don't care for seeing it, that is why I'm greatful for grocery stores and butchers that do it for me. I think watching a dr. perform surgery is stomach turning to me as well...do I think they shouldn't do it? Of course they should! Just b/c it may be gross or disturbing, doesn't always mean it's a bad thing. What WOULD bother me was if there is evidence in this video to show that the meat is being contaminated or during the process, the meat isn't handled sanitarily thus providing health concerns for myself or my famiily. Like mad cow disease. I guess I'm more concerned for the health of my family and hope that gov't regulations keeps the meat safe than the cow actually being slaughtered. Ya, I know, call me selfish. It's all good!
October 5th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Ma2RayPooh
ok. i just got done watching it, the whole thing! some parts where the did cut the necks was kind of gross but i feel the same as mom2one
Quote:
But it probably is gross, but not disturbing to me at least. Why would it? I mean, I don't care for seeing it, that is why I'm greatful for grocery stores and butchers that do it for me. I think watching a dr. perform surgery is stomach turning to me as well...do I think they shouldn't do it? Of course they should! Just b/c it may be gross or disturbing, doesn't always mean it's a bad thing.[/b]
i grew up around this kind of stuff and not everything in the video is how EVERYONE handles their pigs, cows, chickens and turkeys. as i said before my uncle and aunt owned a pig farm and chicken farm. i have went out to help catch chickens for the trucks when i was younger. the ones that were crippled yeah my uncle would kill them, usually by twisting their necks, fastly. he never beat them with a metal rod. as for the pigs, if he had one that was way bad off and couldnt stand or move anymore he would put it out by shooting it, not beating it off of the concret floor! LOL see that is why in that video i didnt get all freaked out b/c i know not ALL farms are that way. of course they are going to put the worse ones they could find on there, to try to change everyones minds about meat. as for did the video change my mind? Nope!
October 5th, 2004, 01:39 PM
twinsmom26
Quote:
Just b/c it may be gross or disturbing, doesn't always mean it's a bad thing.[/b]
It's cruel and does make it a bad thing. Anytime something is killed it's a bad thing IMO!!

Surgery is for saving peoples lives (or trying to in some cases), killing an animal is for people to eat.
October 5th, 2004, 01:42 PM
twinsmom26
Quote:
LOL see that is why in that video i didnt get all freaked out b/c i know not ALL farms are that way.[/b]
I'm happy to see this is so funny to you!!

Just kidding of course!!
October 5th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Ma2RayPooh
but it is normal to most people. most people dont see it as being wrong. i watched the whole movie and i still will eat meat, lol. call me a weirdo but i will. lol you really cannot save EVERY darn living thing on the earth.
October 5th, 2004, 01:44 PM
twinsmom26
Quote:
know not ALL farms are that way[/b]
The beef your eating tonight or tommorrow could have come from a farm that is that way. You would never know unless you bought your meat from the nice old man down the street who you really know treats his cows "nice".
October 5th, 2004, 01:49 PM
twinsmom26
Quote:
but it is normal to most people. most people dont see it as being wrong. i watched the whole movie and i still will eat meat, lol. call me a weirdo but i will. lol you really cannot save EVERY darn living thing on the earth.[/b]
No I dont think youre a weirdo!! Maybe psychotic, but not a weirdo, lol!! And if you are referring to the mum's I had to trash by the EVERY, I already apologized to them!!
October 5th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Ma2RayPooh
Quote:
And if you are referring to the mum's I had to trash by the EVERY, I already apologized to them!![/b]
omg i wasnt even thinking about that!! lol but it is true you cant save every living thing!
October 7th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
im downloading it now
October 7th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Ma2RayPooh
Quote:
im downloading it now[/b]
did you download it?? i think i am the only one that has watched it!
October 9th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Super Mommy
I tried but it didnt let me!! Maybe I tried the wrong link???
October 10th, 2004, 10:36 AM
twinsmom26
My brother watched this and said it was pretty disturbing. I wished I had the gut's to watch it, but if I did it would be stuck in my head for atleast a month and I would probably loose sleep over it.

Maybe I will put it in the heated debates forum, lol!!
October 11th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Ma2RayPooh
LOL I guess I am the only one on here that watched it! WOW. i thought more people would watch this and have something to say about it. crazy! oh well!
October 11th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Super Mommy
I tried!! sorry Jessica!! I dont know why but my puter wont download it !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search