Are both of you veggie?

Forum: Vegetarian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Vegetarian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2005, 09:31 AM
I am a veg, but my hubby isn't. He doesn't really eat much for meat cause I do most of the cooking. I still eat fish and seafood, but rarely eggs.

2 questions for you, did you stay veg while you were pregnant and is your hubby a veg too? If not how do you deal with your children's eating habbits if he isn't?

My hubby always says that our children will not be raised veg.

October 22nd, 2005, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My Hubby became a veggie after we were together for 2 years. We have a 1 1/2 yo DD who we also raise as a veggie. I continued my veggie diet while I was pregnant, thought I was vegan beforehand and started eating some dairy when I found out I was expecting. Now we all eat a little dairy.

Raising our DD veggies wasn't a hard choice for ue since neither of us eat meat anyway. Good luck figuring things out! Maybe both of you could talk to a dietician together?

</div>
October 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I am a veggie, I have ALWAYS been a veggie (4th generation), so I was still, of course, when I was pregnant. My DH is not. He doesn't eat much meat though. My oldest (from first marriage) is a veggie. For my new baby, the jury is still out as to whether to be a veggie or not. Obviously he wouldn't eat much meat, because I don't cook it, and my DH eats what I make, as does everyone else. Meat is on the table at my In-laws though. He WON'T be eating "unclean" meat however, (pork, shellfish), my Dh understands that, and he stated that was fine. I don't WANT my little guy to eat ANY meat, but I feel I should give a little, if necesary in this decision, it is my DH's baby too. So, my baby MAY end up eating chicken, beef, or fish, but I would feel really funny about it, I think.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
November 1st, 2005, 10:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
me an dmy husband are both vegans, with the exception of his couple of fish a year (like 6 total).

i have been veg since i was 15, so like 13 years, and he started with me 5 years ago. now it has been just over 3 years on a vegan based diet, and we both love it!! plan to stick with it throughout.

makes it easier when you are on the same team fighting against the farming industry!! and it will make it easier for raising our children~
November 3rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
plum's Avatar Veteran
I am vegetarian and fiance is vegan. And I stayed veggie when I was pregnant, and have been veggie since I was 16, so I had absolutely no interest in eating meat.
November 7th, 2005, 02:30 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are both veggies as well as our two children. Remy is the only veggie in our home who has been so since birth. I started a veggie diet while still nursing him. So I would plan to do a veggie diet while pg...most definately!

November 29th, 2005, 09:05 AM
MommyStacey2012's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MommyStacey2012 Send a message via MSN to MommyStacey2012 Send a message via Yahoo to MommyStacey2012
I have been vegan since I was kid and I start eat chicken with pregnant with daughter. I don't eat chicken now. my husband is a meat person. he eat what I cook but he cook meat some time. my daughter vegan like me and my son eat some meat but he can have milk so I am luck there.
Seraphina Nova 5/10/2013
Ten Angels in heaven
December 12th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Super Mommy
Hubby, I, my mom, and my baby are all vegetarians. I definitely stayed veg while pregnant as I'd never give into any meat cravings I may have no matter what. I actually could never be w/ a man who wasn't vegetarian because it's such a major part of my life and I think it's so cruel and selfish to eat animals.
I think it's pretty selfish of your hubby to act as if he's the only one who has a say in what your children will be feed. It's not up to him alone. They'll obvisously eat what you cook so it sounds like they'll be vegetarians except for the fish

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search