Got a referral for an audiologist!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Hearing and Speech Impairments LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
I asked Tasiya's doctor to have her hearing checked too just so we can rule out that for the reason for her speech delay. Wish us luck!

September 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck. I hope all goes well.

We had 2 done on my dd, and she did great. Very quick and easy, no problems. There was a slight concern on her first exam b/c she had some decreases due to fluid in her ear (her one and only ear infection so far) but on the second exam done 6 months later, no problems.
September 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Good luck. I hope all goes well.

We had 2 done on my dd, and she did great. Very quick and easy, no problems. There was a slight concern on her first exam b/c she had some decreases due to fluid in her ear (her one and only ear infection so far) but on the second exam done 6 months later, no problems.[/b]

Yeah I just took Tasiya to the doctor for a bad cold and it turns out she has a bad ear infection in one ear. She is now on antibiotics for her ear and sinis infections. Hopefully that is all cleared up before her hearing test.

September 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I would wait to schedule it until she's feeling better, or schedule for a few weeks away so you will know that the ear infection is gone. Alexis had borderline deficits in the low range (not sure what it is actually called) when she had fluid in her ears.
September 10th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Quote:
I would wait to schedule it until she's feeling better, or schedule for a few weeks away so you will know that the ear infection is gone. Alexis had borderline deficits in the low range (not sure what it is actually called) when she had fluid in her ears.[/b]

Yeah, I take her back in after 10 days from last Monday to see if the infection has cleared. I plan on setting up the hearing test sometime after that. If it still has not cleared up by 10 days then I will push back the hearing test until it is.

September 11th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I hope Tasiya is feeling better soon and the infection is all cleared up when you go back. Then you can at least get one thing crossed off the list of potential causes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search