Evan continues to amaze me...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Hearing and Speech Impairments LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
I need a mommy brag moment here. Evan has a Thomas & Friends laptop. He loves it. The other morning I laid in bed with him at nap time and there was a game where they show you a picture of say a tiger. And write out T-I-G-E-R and then they remove a letter, and with this one they removed the "G" so it looked like T I _ E R and it told him to fill it in - not showing a picture of the animal now. And he knew it was a G! He is one smart cookie. He also has started to say more new words this week!

Any other brag moments out there? I'd love to here them!

</div><div align="center">

</div>
September 18th, 2008, 08:12 AM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm.......

Not really a brag moment, but a funny story. Alexis was with my parents the other day and they had to drop my dad's motorcycle off for some work and to be winterized. So on the way to the Harley dealer's, they drove by a bus yard (she has some sight) and she looks over and says "BUS", Yellow BUS!" then she goes on to say us, bus, bus, bus, bus, bus, bus, bus, bus. It was really funny, and sooooo cute. She was saying bus for everyone that she saw. and there were a LOT of buses!
September 18th, 2008, 06:12 PM
That's SO cute. Evan says Bus like that too when he sees one on the road and he'll keep saying it until he KNOWS I heard him, LOL!

</div>
September 19th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I know, she does the same thing, and OMG when we go for drives, especially on highways, she'll say car or truck or big truck for everyone we pass (I think she sees them as colored blobs and because she knows we are in mommy's car we are driving and the cars are on the road - if that makes sense). Usually if we drive for more than 45 minutes, I get erally frustrated hearing about EVERY car we pass b/c she keep s saying it until I acknowledge her.
September 19th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evan is like that too. Now, what is that? Is it a speech issue? Do they continue repeating because, that's a word they can actually say?

</div>
September 19th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I am not sure. It seems sort of like echolalia (where they inappropraitely repeat words and phrases), but the words are appropraite. And I always wonder if she is just so excited about the cars (seriously, the cars are her absolute fav thing in this world, besides a pool) that she has to share, or if they keep repeating it until they are acknowledged because they are actually trying to communicate and get a response from us? I don't know, maybe ask the speech teacher?
September 19th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I think it's they want our response and they feel these are the words they can try and hold a convo with. Yes, I will. Thanks!

</div>
September 19th, 2008, 10:13 AM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Awww, Those are such cute stories! It is so neat when our little ones start doing new things.

Tasiya learned to say "baby" the other day. I was so excited about this because I have been trying to get her to say baby forever. She has also started saying horse. It sounds more like "Horsh" but I know she is trying to say horse since she only says it when we pass these horses by our house.

September 19th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Go tasiya!!!! I am so excited for her!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search