Being Strung Along

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Hearing and Speech Impairments LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2008, 07:15 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
So, last night I called the Coordinator where Evan had his eval done. We had not heard from here in 2 weeks. She called me back and told me she had sent his reports up to the school district and I should of heard from them by now (argh!) . She gave me their number to call & bother them. So, I did and she called me back - and had sent his file to Early Start. I call them up and they tell me they weren't planning on setting anything up for Evan until Nov/December! I was like "uh, what?" and they asked me "would you like to start services as soon as possible?" "uh, yeah.". Come on now! They have to be smarter than that!! She told me she'd talk to her supervisor and call me back. Mind you before I knew anything that was the place I called and they told me to give them a week and call me - & never did. So, looks like i'll be bugging these people everyday. I don't care, We need to get services started! The problem is Early Intervention is up to 3 years old. Evan was evaluated when he was 2 years, 8 months and that is generally when they start to transfer them to the school district, so instead of starting with EI, they wanted to just get set up with the School, honestly to me it's just the fact that they don't want to do the paperwork, but if the school won't get things started until the winter - EI knows I want them to start w/ Evan before then.

</div><div align="center">

</div>
September 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Oh how frustrating! I hope you can get services for your son started soon. I can't believe they were not going to at least tell you that they didn't want to start services yet.

September 27th, 2008, 12:23 PM
fiefer87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am sorry sweetie. Sometimes there is soooo much beauracracy (sp?) going on that it aggravates me to high heaven. Sure Let me have my son evaluated, find out that he needs services, but then, lets just wait another 4 months before getting services so he can fall further and further behind!!! GRRR. The problem is though, we as good parents sometimes have to fight because unfortuantely there are so many parents in the system who just don't do anything. So its easier for the providers to sit back and let us do the work. It is frustrating for us as parents who truly want to help our kids. There's a girl in my dd's class from last year where the school district had to almost literally force this girl's parents to sign off on services because they just didn't want to do anything. It's so sad that the school district cares more for this kid than her own parents. SIGH, sorry for the mini rant and to sort of hijack your thread. I definately understand where you are coming from though.
September 27th, 2008, 07:51 PM
HunterandLandonsmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I can only imagine the frustration. Luckily i have never had to deal with this. It just shounds like they are being lazy and figure it is "just ok to wait"...you think they over all people would realize even a few months is VERY IMPORTANT

September 28th, 2008, 05:14 AM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
Thanks Girls. I appreciate it! I now realize that I am just going to have to stay on top of it! And that's okay with me, I don't mind being pushy! LOL

</div><div align="center">

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search