Is this tacky?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Ok, I registered at babies r us (like most new moms) and my shower was supposed to be early april. Since the girls were born in March, the shower has been moved to the end of May. Now, for the tacky part - my mom has recieved requests for me to register at walmart! I don't have anything against walmart, I was just floored that people would request for where they wanted a registry, not just go to the one the recipient made! So, I obliged and made a walmart registry (it is really small and was created completely online, so many things may not be available at our local store). Now that it is done, I want to put some electronics on it - a new digital camera and a video recorder. Is it tacky to put electronics on the baby registry?

May 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I don't think it's tacky to register for a video camera? I think it's a great idea! Just don't be upset if you don't get one. Hopefully you'll get gift cards that you can use to purchase what you'd like.

It was tacky for the guests to request where you register IMO! BUT, I registered at Babies R Us and and Walmart because I noticed some of the same products were at Walmart for a few dollars less.

May 6th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Super Mommy
I don't think it's tacky at all! I understand why people would want you to register at Walmart for the cost difference, but still...how rude to ask! My MIL bought things off my BRU registry at a cheaper place and just had my DH go in a take them off.

Visit my blog

</div>
May 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it's tacky for you to add those items. I mean.. You will be usign them for the babies!

I DO think it is tacky for people to ask you to register someplace else.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
May 6th, 2008, 03:23 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I don't think it is tacky at all. I found, with my showers, that many people didn't want to go to BRU b/c it does tend to be more pricey. I did a registry at WalMart and Target for that reason.
May 6th, 2008, 05:44 PM
mighttyjomomma
I don't find that to be tacky at all, I think it's kind of weird you were asked to register elsewhere.. couldn't they do gift cards?
May 7th, 2008, 06:25 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only thing I could think of is that they didn't have the stores where they are from. My mom lives in a small town in Indiana now and all she has without driving 30 minutes is a walmart. Now to her driving 30 minutes is nothing but other people in the town (including her sister) thinks that waay to far (she used to yell at my mom for going to Indy to shop...its only 2 hrs away which in so. cal. is a daily commute for some people).
May 7th, 2008, 01:04 PM
That is true, except they could always order online and then they don't even have to leave their house!

May 8th, 2008, 05:54 AM
mighttyjomomma
True!

Isn't it also free shipping to the store though, if they worry about shipping charges?
May 8th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Diggy's Avatar Regular
Send a message via MSN to Diggy Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy
I don't think it's tacky either, I think some people would move more towards getting that it's not something your little ones can grow out of and can produce everlasting memories for everyone.

But, and maybe this is because I'm a guy, I do not understand registries. Yeah they're nice so you don't get the same thing twice, and you get what you need but where is the element of surprise! Spice it up a little! You get three strollers, I say good take one out every other day. Beats having to clean them every so often.
May 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Super Mommy
Lucas, If you're like me, you check the registry everyday to figure out when your shower is!!! I did that for my wedding, too!

Visit my blog

</div>
May 8th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I did that at my wedding too, Carrin!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search