Before you go..

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM
mighttyjomomma
Your best friend is preparing to deliver multiples. What is the ONE thing you want to tell her?
May 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Super Mommy
Schedule, schedule, schedule! I know people say that you should let babies determine their own schedule, but I don't know what I would do now if I wasn't so strict when they were born. My day is extremely predictable and that is how I'm able to get so much done.

Visit my blog

</div>
May 7th, 2008, 04:01 AM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
of course, if a c-section is imminent, there is no use for this statement . . . but in case it's not, ASK FOR AN EPIDURAL!!! You have the next 18 years to be brave! Get the drugs! lol!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
May 7th, 2008, 06:21 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be there between blank hour and blank hour to help you out every day for a while.......
May 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM
mighttyjomomma
Are you in for a wild ride?
May 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I'm pretending you guys are telling me!

May 7th, 2008, 02:08 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
If she still had a little while before the big day, I would say rest as much as possible b/c you won't get any rest once your twins arrive!

If she was delivering right away I would say try not to get too overwhelmed b/c I know the first few weeks are quite overwhelming...at least they were for me. Ask for help and accept help when it is offered!
May 7th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
Oh, here's another word of advice . . . LET THE BABIES SLEEP IN THE NURSERY!!! You will NEED those extra hours of sleep that you will get in the hospital . . . believe me!! Especially if your DH works!! Mine did and he NEVER got up in the night with the kids . . . plus, I had two older ones that were in school . . . so I got up in the night to feed the twins, then got up to get him off to work, then got up again to get the older ones off to school . . . by that time, the twins were up AGAIN!!!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
May 8th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Expect the unexpected and enjoy each moment (and take lots of pictures - I missed out on pictures of my baby belly!)

May 8th, 2008, 05:57 AM
mighttyjomomma
Oooh Jen I agree with you 100%!! I had my twins sleep in the nursery, I knew I was gonna need it!!
May 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
mommyoffive's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Schedule, schedule, schedule! I know people say that you should let babies determine their own schedule, but I don't know what I would do now if I wasn't so strict when they were born. My day is extremely predictable and that is how I'm able to get so much done.[/b]
OOOoo I totally agree

Quote:
of course, if a c-section is imminent, there is no use for this statement . . . but in case it's not, ASK FOR AN EPIDURAL!!! You have the next 18 years to be brave! Get the drugs! lol![/b]
LMAO

Well if it was my best friend she would of already seen me with my twins and learned all my secrets. So if she had just called me and said Im on my way to the hospital I would say " Omg Im out the door meet you there!"

As for advice I think the best advice for a new mom of multiples is " its doable.. don't over stress. You will get through because well basically .. you have to lol! Your thier mom Take things as they are and don't try to do too much.. the house and the minor things will still be there but your babes grow so quick, cherish the first moments"
May 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
mighttyjomomma
Perfectly said, Shelley. I have a lot of people ask "How do you do it?" Well... you just do. You really don't have a choice, ya know?
May 8th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Perfectly said, Shelley. I have a lot of people ask "How do you do it?" Well... you just do. You really don't have a choice, ya know?[/b]
Amen sister!! We do just "do it" don't we!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search