Me again...

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure it is nothing, but is it ok for the twins to be measuring 5 days apart?

I had my ultrasound at 18 weeks, and Paige was measuring 17 weeks 6 days, and Brooklyn was measuring 18 weeks 4 days!

It has been over a week and half since the ultrasound now, so I assumed if it was a really big deal I would have heard from my dr by now? Were any of your children measuring that much off?
May 7th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

It is completely normal for the babies to measure several days to even a week from each other.
I honestly don't remember what mine were measuring at the point, but Baby A was always a head of baby B. He was my bigger baby at birth and still is my bigger baby. He out weighs her by 2 lbs and 1 1/2 inches

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
May 8th, 2008, 01:24 AM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. My two also measured a few days apart...

]
May 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Congrats on the girls! My girls were measuring about a week apart too at first. They stayed that way until about 24 weeks, then the gap got bigger. The doctors didn't worry until the gap between them got bigger. That's when the issues with Arianna's cord became apparent. What happened with my girls, I believe, is unusual. Don't worry about it now, just enjoy the pregnancy!

May 8th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Super Mommy
I don't think it's that much of a concern at this point, but the doctors should monitor the difference as the babies grow. There is a percentage (for the life of me I can't remember it) that as long as the growth falls within that range, everything is okay.

Visit my blog

</div>
May 8th, 2008, 06:04 AM
mighttyjomomma
It's actually quite common that twins are measuring a few days from each other, mine were never really 100% together growth wise.. I just went for frequent ultrasounds to make sure that the gap was never bigger than 10%. I'm sure everything is ok, hang in there!
May 8th, 2008, 07:43 AM
mommyoffive's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine never measured together not even from the beginning. Also now that they are almost 3, one is 3 inches taller and 10lbs heavier. They are just two different little boys When they were born they weren't even close lol Ash- 6.5 and Quinn- 7.11
I tell ya if I wasn't there to see it myself I wouldnt believe they were twins
May 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
It's actually quite common that twins are measuring a few days from each other, mine were never really 100% together growth wise.. I just went for frequent ultrasounds to make sure that the gap was never bigger than 10%. I'm sure everything is ok, hang in there! [/b]
There's the number!!!! Thanks Jolene!!!

Visit my blog

</div>
May 8th, 2008, 10:11 AM
mighttyjomomma
B)
May 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
My twins were always a few days apart.
May 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
It's nothing to worry about. Heck, Cameron is measuring 3 weeks ahead and Kiefer is measuring only 1 week ahead. They are 2 weeks apart! Yet they are both about the same weight adn within range of a normal size and weight. If you are concerned, ask the doctor if they are both within the correct range.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search