Question

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2008, 09:43 PM
*Michelle*
Hi ladies! I have a personal question to ask, so feel free to ignore it if you don't want to answer, I would completely understand

I just started taking Clomid this cycle and we are having our first IUI! I do ovulate on my own, but it is erratic, so obviously I am wondering about the chance of multiples, although I know it is low for Clomid users. So did any of you use fertility drugs too and conceive multiples? Part of me is wondering if the low risk (I think it is 7%) of multiples for Clomid users comes mostly from women who don't ovulate at all, and if I should prepare myself I know this isn't very scientific, but I am curious! Thanks!
May 8th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I used clomid first, but didn't get any results, so in the end used shots to make the eggies grow. I ended up with twins because of the shots not clomid. my doctor had explained that the chances of twins from clomid were te same as if you were on nothing at all, but for me, because of the issue i had, the chance of multiples from the shots were very high. my doctor really hoped clomid would work so we wouldn't have to deal with the shots!

May 8th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Super Mommy
I used Clomid and IUI. We did about 5 IUI cycles (with a m/c on the 2nd one). I was just about to move up to the shots when I got my BFP. We actually didn't do IUI the last time because the doctor missed the cycle, so DH and I just happened to catch it on our own I also have a strong genetic predisposition to twins, so I'm pretty sure both factors combined is what did it for me!

Visit my blog

</div>
May 8th, 2008, 06:06 AM
mighttyjomomma
I didn't use anything to conceive multiples, sorry I'm no help

Are you secretly hoping for them?
May 8th, 2008, 08:28 AM
*Michelle*
I didn't want multiples at all before this week, but now I am starting to wonder I would be thrilled with just one though, I think multiples would be too overwhelming for me!
May 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
mighttyjomomma
Naaah, you could handle them!
May 8th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I was on Clomid when we conceived our twins. For you, taking Clomid could release two eggs (which is most likely what happened for me) but the percentage is low. Good luck to you! I'm sure you can handle twins if it happens!

May 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I conceived without any medical assistance, so I'm not much help. I have heard a few people say they conceived twins while on Clomid though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search