Your Babies Are Fine...

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Diggy's Avatar Regular
Send a message via MSN to Diggy Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy
Just out of wondering, what were your reactions when you heard them say "Your Babies are fine" during an ultrasound for the first time? Were you scared, anxious, worried?

At first I thought the Woman was seeing things, I told her right out when we came here last time there was not two, there was just one. Put your glasses on. That's around the time when my wife hit me and then it actually hit me...Dear god we're having twins.
I don't think we talked to each other for a couple of days, out of shock. I didn't think we could handle twins.

But now that they are here I wouldn't want it any other way.

May 8th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
I saw them very early - at about 6 weeks because we were doing infertility treatments. My DH saw the two blips but didn't say anything. The doctor just said, "Well, there's definitely two sacs." I looked at him and said, "Okay?" Him: "Here's baby a and there's baby b." Me: "OH, there's two..."

Visit my blog

</div>
May 8th, 2008, 09:49 AM
mommyoffive's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I joked with my husband (dh) when I started showing almost immediately upon learning that we were pregnant that we were having twins. I also kept making small comments about the babies and then he would give me the stern eye and I would laugh. I started spotting at 8 weeks, and was told to go to hospital asap because I had a miscarriage previously to this pregnancy. I drank my water quickly.. Dh had the kids so he waited in the waiting room and I went in alone. I asked the tech if she would be able to tell me anything she said no I would have to wait for result from the doctor. Keep in mind they thought I was miscarrying. Then after quite awhile past I thought there has to be a baby to keep going right.. then she turned the monitor and said " its twins" I immediately asked if they were ok and she said they were great, I got to see their heartbeats and got pics of them When I went to tell Dh he immediately asked if everything was ok and I said yes we are having twins .. he laughed I said " nooo reallly we are having twins" His laughter ended and he just looked shocked. Then we sat in shock and then started laughing. We went from a family of 5 to 7 Good thing we already owned a minivan LOL
May 8th, 2008, 11:06 AM
mighttyjomomma
Ours was a little scary, they kept asking us repeatedly if I'd had my tri-screen done. I feared the worst, that my kid had like an arm growing out of it's head or something. Then they slyly smiled at each other and said "Well congrats, it's twins!" and I nearly fell off the table.. just out of shock. Ok, not fell off the table but nearly passed out! I turned ghost white and broke out into a sweat, which gave DH quite a scare!
May 8th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
We found out at 6 weeks because we were dealing with infertility too. My doctor said "Uh oh..... we have twins!" But it wasn't really shocking until later, at first we were just excited.

May 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I was totally freaked out! I didn't know how I would handle two more babies. I had a 1 year old at home and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to give them all enough attention.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search