Lucas

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2008, 06:48 PM
mighttyjomomma
How is Landon feeling? I read in your blog that he had to have surgery. Is he recovering well?
May 10th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Diggy's Avatar Regular
Send a message via MSN to Diggy Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy
He is recovering well. He had to have a pyloromyotomy to fix a pyloric stenosis that was ignored by two other hosptials. I thank god I stuck with my gut instinct to go with a third opinion before believing their medical opinions.

He came home yesterday after a 5 day stay in the hospital. His feedings are going well, there are still a few spit ups but every time I call the dr/nurses they assure me that a few will be seen here andt here till he is fully recovered. I'm a worried parent, so they understand.

He still hasn't had a bowel movement yet, but he's only been home a full day yet so it may come in time. Or it should. So far he seems like his happy self, cracks a few smiles inbetween a few tears but isn't so fussy anymore.

He is a fighter so even though I was worried about all of this in my heart I knew he would be okay and will continue to do so. Thank you for asking.
May 11th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am suprised that the other hosp. didn't catch the Pyloric Stenosis. That was one of the things that was suggest could be wrong with Emerson (just has really bad Reflux) Thankfully you DID listen to your gut! and kept going until you got the right answers!

I'm happy to hear he is doing well. Pleae keep us posted on how he is doing. Hopefully, now he will start to gain weigh properly!

Thinking of you and your LO's!

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
May 11th, 2008, 03:20 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I'm glad to hear he is recovering well. I'm sorry he had to go through all that though!
May 11th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Diggy's Avatar Regular
Thank you, today he seems to be doing good no spit upst yet!

I've spoken with a lot of parents whose little ones had the PS surgery done and told me that in the beginning when they first noticed the problems and reported it to their GP's that they basically acted like they were over reacting parents.

Hershey Med was surprised that the other places didn't make the diagnosis and even called them up to find out why, they were extremely upset. They were also surprised it was diagnosed so late, most times its within the first few days up until 2 months.
May 12th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Super Mommy
I've never heard of PS, but it sounds like Landon is going to make a great recovery. I also have one that is a spitter. She has been seeing a pediatric GI who put her on Neocate because we are thinking that there may be a milk/soy intolerance. She has gotten much better since starting with the doc, so I'm pleased. Keep us posted on Landon's recovery!

Visit my blog

</div>
May 12th, 2008, 05:17 AM
mighttyjomomma
No doubt, thank goodness you stuck with your gut feeling and got another opinion - it angers ME that two hospitals overlooked this so I can't even imagine how you feel!! All else aside, I'm glad that he is recovering well, keeping you three in my T&Ps!
May 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM
mighttyjomomma
Hiya Lucas, bumping this up because I saw you online. How is recovery going?

BTW, did you ever figure out your video?
May 15th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Diggy's Avatar Regular
He is doing well, him and Grayson had a doctors appointment yesterday (weds) it showed he had gained some, only ounces but I'm taking everything for what its worth. Hopefully it's a sign of a improvement. Still no bowel movements but his GP is saying it may be he is just constipated so we're trying to some things to see if we can get it to fix itself. Other than that he's doing great, no spit ups in a couple of days now and he' bubbly and happy as ever.

Still haven't figured out my video issues yet, I tried updating my Quicktime but my OS is so outdated, everything now is for the new system and I'm running on one that is from 4 years ago, so that in itself may be an issue. I'm going to try to Rent a new computer next week to see if it works any better than this oldy.
May 15th, 2008, 05:19 AM
mighttyjomomma
Hey -- gaining is gaining.. hooray for that! It's great to hear that he is still such a happy kid through the whole ordeal, aren't babies amazing? I'm assuming that everything is well with Grayson - has he been steadily gaining too? They both look adorable in your siggy!

Out of curiosity, you've already made the video, right? Did you try directly uploading it to youtube or photobucket?
May 15th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Diggy's Avatar Regular
Babies are amazing fighters! I have seen so much when first visiting them in the NICU when they were born, they were soo tiny and they just keep tugging along. Grayson has been doing great it just seems Landon has always been tuggin behind. They both spent 3 months in the NICU at first, Landon ended up spending 2 weeks more than Grayson did, this was Landy's second surgery so far for him so it seems he's the only one out of the two of them to have any sort of issues. So far anyways.

I haven't tried uploading it to Youtube yet, I can't get anything to work for me on PHotobucket. I used to be able to upload photos on to there but lately the links won't work for me. I may try the Youtube later tonight. I tried uploading one of them somewhere I don't remember where, it didn't work. I can get them to work in Itunes, not sure if that means anything.
May 15th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great! A couple of ounces is fantastic! and no spit up!! WTG Landon!!

Once we figured out what was wrong with Emerson and got her on the right medicine.. it was amazing. She was like a completely different child! I am beyond excited that Landon seems to be on the road to recovery! How did Grayson do at the appt? (how old are they now?)

Forgive me.. can you tell me who is who in your new pic? They are just gorgeous!!

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
May 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
They are both gorgeous! I am glad to hear they're gaining weight and continuing to be little happy campers!!

May 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Diggy's Avatar Regular
I was so happy when the Dr told me he had gained weight even if it was by a little but he was just as happy since he has been following this from the start.
Grayson did excellent also, he gained a pound so he is up to 15lbs. He seems to be on a steady and good track.

Landy still hasn't given us any poops, so we're still patiently waiting for him to poop! Odd thing I Never thought I'd ever anxiously wait for a baby to poop, Grayson has been giving me tons of not so nice diapers to make up for it though.

They're both 8 months old now, time flies as much as I would love to stop time I'd like to keep making more progress and get over this hump that Landon has seem to gotten into. So far we are.

Oh and in the siggy pic that's Grayson on the left, and Landon on the right with the spikey hair. I still have trouble of my own telling them apart in some pictures, they're nto identical but they still this small look a like. The easiest way is that Landon is the smaller one.
May 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
mighttyjomomma
Ahh, the life of parenthood -- getting excited over poops! I'm sure in time it will come, just keep your doc posted on that and watch for behavioral changes and things like that; you know, regular parent stuff!

I'm not sure why it would work in iTunes and not Photobucket or YouTube. Most of my movies I make with Ulead Video Studio or Windows Movie Maker, so I am no help in that area.. I'm lacking the Mac know-hows.. I'm sorry!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search