3rd u/s yesterday!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well yesterday I was 7wks 0days according to my RE and everything looked on track. I was so nervous that one of them wasnt going to be there, but as of right now both are hanging on. Yesterday I didnt get to hear the heartbeats, they told me you couldnt yet But I was able to see both heartbeats on the monitor. You can see it flickering away. It was so cool to see that.

I am happy that both were on track, but again I still have in the back of my mind that something can happen to one or the other. For example what just happend to Kristin. I am very scared for that so I just have it in the back of my mind. I havent been thinking to much of me having Twins yet for sure, I am just negative and like to think of worse case senario so I dont get disappointed.

Last u/s they both were measuring at 6wks exactly, this time the RE said one was measuring 6wks 6days and the other was 6wks 5days. I asked her why they were off and she said that it will always change b/c it depends on exactly how they measure it. That it can change from u/s to u/s not b/c the babies changed but becasue of the angle they measure it at. I was like ok.

Well I have my first prenatal appt. with my ob next wed. I hope that I can get another u/s in there. I just want to get past the 12 weeks.

Once you pass the 12 weeks is there less of a chance of losing a twin???

I have to scan my u/s photo but i will later on and post it. They both have grown so much!

ETA: They told me that I lost 2 lbs from last thursday to this thursday. Is that bad for the stage I am at? I havent vomitted or been sick, just dont feel like eating I have no appetite the nurse that told me didnt seem to concerned. But I am worried, I want to make sure that I give the babies the best chance.

thanks ladies
xoxoxo

Last edited by Jessy133; June 19th, 2009 at 09:02 AM.
June 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lost a few pounds at the beginning as well. I think mine came from not wanting to eat any refined sugar. Cutting out dessert every night did great things for my body.

I wouldn't be worried about the babies measuring a day differently. Mine went back and forth of who was measuring bigger. A few weeks ago the doctor at the hospital had me completely freaked out because A was 11% smaller than B and her abdomen was measuring small. This monday she's caught up and her abdomen was fine. The new doctor I saw this week said that babies can go through growth spurts at different times.

Your chances of losing either baby decreases every day. Losing one would basically be like a miscarriage, but you wouldn't always necessarily bleed because you have a corpus luteum kicking off progesterone to sustain the other fetus. It's not something any of us like to think about. I didn't dwell on it, but I was always nervous before each ultrasound. I so wanted both babies to be okay. I still am like that. I like them to find the heartbeats right away. I didn't get to hear a heart beat until 12 weeks on a doppler. My doctor forewarned me that it may still be early to hear it. We could only hear one at that time even though we'd just seen both on the u/s. Some u/s machines don't have sound built in so they can't project the heart sound for you. Dopplers aren't always sensitive enough and one or more babies may not be high enough out of the pelvis for the dopler to pick up the heart beat until they are a bit bigger.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

June 19th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Jess... STOP WORRYING!! You're going to make yourself a nervous wreck. Just relax and enjoy the two babies in your belly. If you keep this up you're going to end up on bed rest and have an early labor. (sarcasm, I am not saying that will really happen! In fact I should probably delete it because you're such a worry wart ) Be a proud twin mama and just enjoy it, okay! I'm here for ya and so very excited- now get on board with me!!!

Those babies are measuring perfectly and your weight will definitely start increasing.. don't even doubt that.

June 19th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb-O View Post
Jess... STOP WORRYING!! You're going to make yourself a nervous wreck. Just relax and enjoy the two babies in your belly. If you keep this up you're going to end up on bed rest and have an early labor. (sarcasm, I am not saying that will really happen! In fact I should probably delete it because you're such a worry wart ) Be a proud twin mama and just enjoy it, okay! I'm here for ya and so very excited- now get on board with me!!!

Those babies are measuring perfectly and your weight will definitely start increasing.. don't even doubt that.
the weight part! I know watch me look like a whale in acouple of months haha! I know! I know I need to be more positive! My dh gets so mad at me b/c of all the S*** that goes thru my head.

June 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I lost 5 pounds at my last appointment last week,I have no idea how because i'm not having any morning sickness,I just get very full very easily.But i try and force myself to eat even if it's a piece of fruit.

At my last ultrasound at 18 weeks one baby was measuring 18 weeks 3 days and the other was measuring 18 weeks 4 days.The tech said it's perfectly normal.This is my fifth pregnancy and for some reason i'm a ball of nerves to!LOL You would think i'd be a pro by now!I think because their twins everything feels totally different this time around.
June 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Generally Crispy
I can totally relate. I would have these mental melt downs in my mind and run these horrible senerios thru my head constantly. It never did me any good except to make me worry and stress more. Reading other peoples medical problems was never a good thing. I could make myself think something bad was happeneing or going to happen to the point that my doctor would ask me where I was getting the information I was worried about. I spent a good deal of my pregnancy stressing and I wish I hadnt and that I was able to enjoy things more.
June 19th, 2009, 09:59 PM
lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jessy mine are off a day too! I went in for my 8 week 6 day appt and one twin was measuring 8 weeks 5 days and the other was 8 weeks 4 days but my RE wasnt concerned at all. He said it is normal because the ultrasound machine doesnt always give exact measurments and if the babies are moving around they are harder to measure. As far as the heart beat my RE U/S/ machine lets us hear the HB as well as see it,so maybe the u/s machine your RE uses is different. Dont stress about it becayse you will get to hear it soon enough. The thought of losing one or both of the twins always crosses my mind especially when I go in to have my ultrasound. Its normal I guess. I hope that all helped some. Oh and I forgot to tell you that I also have lost a few pounds so dont worry about that either...its normal too. Since i have m/s now my doc says to drink a milkshake for the extra fat and calories that I am losing from throwing up and not eating as much.

Thank you Mod-trishosaurus for my beautiful siggy!
June 20th, 2009, 06:27 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessy- I am 10w4d and one is measuring 3 days behind and the other 4 days...The Re told me is normal. I have my OB appointment on 6/30 so it will be interesting to see where they are at!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
June 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I am so happy that things are progressing well, Jessy! I can tell you though, that the worries will NEVER end until your babies are here. (And even then, I was still sure that something bad was sure to happen to one of them!)

Sit back and enjoy your babies and your pregnancy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search