One fussy twin and recent pics...

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2009, 01:17 PM
LynneD's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone else gone/going through this? Claire is getting worse by the day. It seems as though whenever she is awake and I am not in her line of vision she cries. Rebecca is so much easier and laid back.

Here are some recent pics of the girls. Rebecca is on the left and Claire is on the right. They are sooo fraternal. One looks like me and one looks like Daddy!

June 21st, 2009, 01:28 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
They are sooo precious!!! They look so nice and chubby and of course their outfits are just adorable!
We, too, have one laid back cool as a cucumber baby and one, well, not so much. Owen can suck the life out of me in a minute. Everything is drama with this kid. Its funny that you posted this thread today, I was just telling my mom, I would have only had one kid if Owen had been my first. I love the boy, but geez, he tests me!!! I suppose I am very fortunate that both boys aren't so high strung! I am not sure what I expected twins to be like, but I didn't think they would be polar opposites...DH tells everyone the boys were wombmates when they ask if they are twins

June 21st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine are looking id and their personalities are night/day---gorgeous girls!!
June 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
Generally Crispy
I have one screamer and one that never cries. Everything is so different with them. Hurricane has no patience and goes from content to screaming spells where his body turns all sorts of funny colors in two seconds.
June 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Your girls are just beautiful!I'm worried about that to,I'm afraid one will be an angel and the other will be our little diva!LOL
June 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mandy* View Post
Your girls are just beautiful!I'm worried about that to,I'm afraid one will be an angel and the other will be our little diva!LOL

Thank-you I suppose I should be thankful that only one if them is high maintenance!

June 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Olivia seems to be my more clingy kid..... Sophia can lay on ner mat and talk to the hippo that hangs over her head for an hour while Olivia needs some type of interaction every few minutes

June 22nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes, one of my girls was soooo challenging. In fact, she continues to be more high strung than her sister, but it's much more manageable. I think it has really helped now that they're on the move. She can entertain herself much more easily. It's tough! Especially when you have another baby to tend to!

June 22nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So far both of mine are mellow, however, Gracyn seems to have issues with the formula we're giving her so she's a little more fussy at the moment.

June 22nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
OMG Lynne, your girls are ADORABLE!

Spencer was our fussy, needy baby. Samantha was much more laid back and quiet. Now the tables have turned, LOL.

June 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Their SO cute!!

I had the same issues.. turns out.. Emerson had reflux.. once we figured that out and got her on some meds.. then she was like a brand new child!(she out grew the reflux between 9 months to a year) Much easier to "deal" with...

Emerson is still my child that requires a little more attention..

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
June 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jara View Post
Their SO cute!!

I had the same issues.. turns out.. Emerson had reflux.. once we figured that out and got her on some meds.. then she was like a brand new child!(she out grew the reflux between 9 months to a year) Much easier to "deal" with...

Emerson is still my child that requires a little more attention..
Funny you should say that b/c Claire does have reflux and I've been wondering if she has outgrown her prescription. I have a call into the dr. right now about it.

Did Emerson cry out alot when awake unless you were holding or talking to him?

She is so good at sleeping at night but the daytime is awful. If she is awake and without interaction from me she is most often not happy. Her sister is soooo laid back. She just fell asleep on her playmat!

June 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneD View Post
Funny you should say that b/c Claire does have reflux and I've been wondering if she has outgrown her prescription. I have a call into the dr. right now about it.

She is so good at sleeping at night but the daytime is awful. If she is awake and without interaction from me she is most often not happy. Her sister is soooo laid back. She just fell asleep on her playmat!

just jumping in on this one!! Owen has reflux as well and things were getting soooo much worse about a month ago. Called pedi and she said time to up his meds (I can't believe I hadn't thought of it) He went from 0.5cc to 1.5cc (all the pedi meds are weight based and Owen had doubled in size since the script was filled) - it made a HUGE difference - although he is still my needy baby.

June 23rd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

I just have to say that I am in your situation exactly! I literately could have written your post! My girls are 4 months old now (3 months corrected) and Isabella is SO demanding. I literately can't set her down! She has reflux too. I feel so sorry for Alyssa who seems to see floor time more then Momma time because I am so busy tending to her fussy sister. Plus EVERYTIME I feed Alyssa, Isabella cries in the background. It is so frustrating! I just keep hoping that she will outgrow it! I'm looking for suggestions too! Right now, I just have to let her cry when I am spending time with her sister. ::Sigh:: what to do!? DH thinks she is beginning to get spoiled, but idk. I think it's too early for that. I assume she just doesn't feel good? I do end up feeling guilty about her easy going sister though. Both my girls sleep well at night, but don't nap well during that day. Don't know why... any idea's people? What did you all do?

June 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherjfitz View Post
I just have to say that I am in your situation exactly! I literately could have written your post! My girls are 4 months old now (3 months corrected) and Isabella is SO demanding. I literately can't set her down! She has reflux too. I feel so sorry for Alyssa who seems to see floor time more then Momma time because I am so busy tending to her fussy sister. Plus EVERYTIME I feed Alyssa, Isabella cries in the background. It is so frustrating! I just keep hoping that she will outgrow it! I'm looking for suggestions too! Right now, I just have to let her cry when I am spending time with her sister. ::Sigh:: what to do!? DH thinks she is beginning to get spoiled, but idk. I think it's too early for that. I assume she just doesn't feel good? I do end up feeling guilty about her easy going sister though. Both my girls sleep well at night, but don't nap well during that day. Don't know why... any idea's people? What did you all do?
Oh, wow we are in the same situation. It's so hard to deal with right now. I have to take Rebecca in another room to feed her sometimes b/c I can't stand to hear Claire cry and I don't think it's fair to Rebecca to have to listen to that when she is feeding. I called the ped. today about Claire's reflux seeming to get worse and he scheduled her for an upper GI on friday to see what is going on with her tummy. Hopefully they can give her something more helpful so she stops being so uncomfortable. It's so confusing b/c it's hard to tell if she is not feeling well or just a naturally needy baby! I too worry that I am making Claire too used to being held but what else can I do? I don't jump to her every cry. She definately does her share of waiting but she is definately happiest when being held. The other thing is spit up...Rebecca NEVER spits up but Claire alwasy does if she doesn't get a good burping. Sometimes she even projectiles if she is put down to soon after eating w/o burping first (like to change a poopy diaper). I know someday it will get better...I just want it to be now!

June 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
Your girls are so cute. My boys are the same way. One like to be held and the other is more calm. I love my twins. They are so cute!!

June 24th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh, wow we are in the same situation. It's so hard to deal with right now. I have to take Rebecca in another room to feed her sometimes b/c I can't stand to hear Claire cry and I don't think it's fair to Rebecca to have to listen to that when she is feeding. I called the ped. today about Claire's reflux seeming to get worse and he scheduled her for an upper GI on friday to see what is going on with her tummy. Hopefully they can give her something more helpful so she stops being so uncomfortable. It's so confusing b/c it's hard to tell if she is not feeling well or just a naturally needy baby! I too worry that I am making Claire too used to being held but what else can I do? I don't jump to her every cry. She definately does her share of waiting but she is definately happiest when being held. The other thing is spit up...Rebecca NEVER spits up but Claire alwasy does if she doesn't get a good burping. Sometimes she even projectiles if she is put down to soon after eating w/o burping first (like to change a poopy diaper). I know someday it will get better...I just want it to be now!
LOL! I feel the same way! And yes, Isabella spits up too. I try to not set her down for 20 minutes after a feeding, but it doesn't seem to matter. She ALWAYS spits up a litte. Sometimes a whole hour after her feeding. What the heck? Alyssa doesn't at all expect in rare situations. So wierd. I just started putting Bella in a Bumbo for a while after I feed her, but she cries there too. lol. Who knows! I am seeing theri pedi next week for their 4 month and have a TON of questions!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search