What did your twins sleep in as newborns?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2009, 05:20 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I'm trying to figure out what to get....I have always just had my babies in bassinets as newborns then transferred to the crib.What did you use for your twins to sleep in as newborns that you found worked best for you?Should i get two bassinets?Or use that twin pack n play?
Graco Portable Play Yard With Twins Bassinet : Target

I was also looking at this co-sleeper.
https://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...Y6&bckreg=baby

Or maybe just use the crib?

And i think we decided on a stroller.....after reading the reviews here and online,we decided on the Contour.DH wanted a side by side...but i think this one would be a little more manageable.
Contours Options Tandem Stroller - Red - Kolcraft - Babies "R" Us
June 21st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We put the girls in thier shared crib from day one (we have a second but I still have them sleeping together). As far as strollers go I have the duoglide it's a bit heavy but other than that I like it

June 21st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Generally Crispy
Eclipse sleeps in a bouncy chair because she needs to be elevated (reflux) Hurricane sleeps in a crib, until he wakes up then he usually ends up in bed because mommy is too tired to out him back.

I have the Duo Glider too. Its only been out of the house once so far and I liked it. I have 3 other full size single strollers and 1 umbrella.
June 21st, 2009, 09:14 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
We had the boys in the pnp for the first couple of weeks, now they are sharing a crib. Up until a couple of weeks ago, they slept much better together than apart, but now not so much. (We have them fall asleep separate, one in the crib, one in our room, then move them later)

You will like the contours- I just took it to the zoo for the first time and it was great, we have so much stuff and it fits everything, turns corners on a dime. I am sure you probably already know but you have to get an extra car seat adapter to use the contours like a snap'n'go, we got ours used of craigslist for $10 - totally worth the money.

June 21st, 2009, 09:39 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Mine for the first couple of months had their own PNP. They stayed in the same room, but separate beds. Then, until more recently, they were in their own cribs but sharing the same room. Now they are in separate rooms cause they'll wake each other up in the middle of the night or earlier than mommy can take (not a morning person by any means) due to shuffling and occasionally a dirty diaper. If one wakes up and they other is sleeping in another room, I have a much better chance of getting the one that woke up back asleep for a little longer.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 22nd, 2009, 05:30 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Mandy!

I had the original co-sleeper which the twins slept in until they were about 6 months (together) I went with it because it's bassinet had a weight limit of 30 lbs with the PnP's bassinet's weight limit was only 15lbs. I wanted to make sure that you knew.. the Co-sleeper that you have shared is the Mini.. IF you are going to go with a Co-sleeper make sure to get the ORIGINAL.. it's the full size one.

I've not heard good things about the twin PnP.. like it's hard to change the sheets.. and that your not able to use it for very long...

Your going to LOVE the Contours.. I have it.. I know Jamie has it too!
IMHO.. when they babies are smaller.. a tandam stroller is a better option (since most Side by Sides) you are not able to use BOTH carseats with.

I have the Baby Jogger City Mine Double as our side by side... and LOVE it just as much as out Contours.. but didn't start using it til Wyatt and Emerson were about 18 months.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)

Last edited by Jara; June 22nd, 2009 at 05:35 AM.
June 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jara View Post
Hi Mandy!

I had the original co-sleeper which the twins slept in until they were about 6 months (together) I went with it because it's bassinet had a weight limit of 30 lbs with the PnP's bassinet's weight limit was only 15lbs. I wanted to make sure that you knew.. the Co-sleeper that you have shared is the Mini.. IF you are going to go with a Co-sleeper make sure to get the ORIGINAL.. it's the full size one.
Thanks Jara i didn't even realize that i had the mini in mind!I saw the originals at Babies R Us so i think i'll just grab one there.That's great you had the twins in there until 6 months!This is exactly what i'm looking for.

I think i'll start out with that then just switch to the crib,Hopefully Kayden will be in his toddler bed by then.I saw that twin PNP and it didn't look very sturdy at all,so i'm gonna pass on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipmunkeyMom View Post
Mine for the first couple of months had their own PNP. They stayed in the same room, but separate beds. Then, until more recently, they were in their own cribs but sharing the same room. Now they are in separate rooms cause they'll wake each other up in the middle of the night or earlier than mommy can take (not a morning person by any means) due to shuffling and occasionally a dirty diaper. If one wakes up and they other is sleeping in another room, I have a much better chance of getting the one that woke up back asleep for a little longer.
This is what i'm worried about,too!My 2 year old waking the twins up.He still gets up threw the night at times.(I'm defiantly not a morning person at all,either!)

I think it may be time to re-arrange some rooms!
June 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wyatt and Emerson slet next to our Bed in the Co-sleeper till they were about 6 months.. then I moved then into a crib (together) in our room til about 9 months.. After that we moved Kaeden upstairs and the twins into his old room into seperate cribs..

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
June 22nd, 2009, 03:07 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
S&S have been in their own cribs since about 1 month old. We used a bassinet in our room for the first couple weeks after they came home from the NICU, but that was short lived.

As far as strollers, I started out with a DuoGlider, which was great until they turned 1...then they started torchering each other, so we now have a side-by-side.

June 22nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have our twins in their own bassinetts right now, but honestly they spend most of their sleeping hours in Mommy and Daddy's bed. They do sleep well togeter so in a few months we will move them into a shared crib in our room and eventually into their own. As for strollers, I have the Combi Twin and love it. I didn't want a stroller with infant seat attachments because I didn't think I'd use it long enough to get my money's worth.

June 23rd, 2009, 05:45 AM
Regular
My twins,Johan and Mika sleep in thier cribs.For the strollers,two seperate strollers which is a pain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search