back from OBGYN appt

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well this morning I had stopped spotting so I was happy. But it started again in the afternoon right before I got in to see my doctor. The appt took forever because one of the doctors in the practice was sick so she couldnt go in and it delayed everyone. We finally got in 2 hours after my appt time.

Well I first told her that I was spotting and worried about it. I also told her that my RE had found a hemotoma yesterday. So she did a vaginal u/s and the hema was gone! But I was still bleeding. She said that I had some blood around the cervix but my cervix is long and closed.

I asked her many questions and one of the big ones was how she felt about vaginal twin births. She told me that at the practice they really dont like to do vaginal births with twins b.c of all the complications that can happen. I told her my concerns about the csections and she finally told me that if I really wanted to do it that she would let me try if both babies are facing down but if they are not then she would not recommend doing it. I was very bummed. I dont want to have a csection, but I will take it day by day. She told me that we still have a bunch of time and that we will see what happens.

I will also start seeing a perinatologist every 2 weeks for them to do a cervical check and make sure all is going good with the twins. She also said that I am very high risk b/c of everything that I have done. So she will be checking me more, plus the peri. So I am happy that I will be getting closing monitored. I go back to see her in 2 weeks. and then 2 weeks after that I go to see the peri.

I also spoke to her about the weight issue. I went in today and lost more weight!! I lost 2 lbs from week 6 to 7 then I lost another 4 pounds this week!!! I was like omg when I saw the scale. I asked her how much I should gain for a twin pregnancy since I am overweight to begin with and she said about 40 lbs but that she woudl be happy if I gain btwn 30-35 so thats my goal hopefully I can maintain that so it wouldnt be too hard to lose it after.

Well keep praying for my two lil beans! I hope that the bleeding does not affect them.

Thanks!

June 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Don't be so wrapped up in delivery right now. You have a lot of time to go. Just worry about taking care of yourself and your babies.

I hope the bleeding stops and that everything turns out fine!

June 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Sounds like you got alot of things covered today even though you had to wait.I had spotting quite often during my first trimester and i lost 5lbs i noticed during my last appointment.It seemed like every little thing made me spot.It does make you nervous,but it can also be totally normal.
June 25th, 2009, 01:44 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If the delivery stuff is really important to you, it might not be a bad idea to get an appointment with another OB who is more supportive. But... just because you want a vag delivery, doesn't mean it will happen - so many other factors need to be in place, so it's good to stay open minded from the beginning.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
June 25th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Generally Crispy
Glad everything was okay at your visit. I spotted at the begining and even had a gush of blood at 20 weeks. It can be scary. I am overweight also and I lost weight in the begining too. After having just recently lost a baby, everything I experience freaked me out. I put on either 34 or 36 pounds and that was a stretch, eating anything at the end was so hard. There seemed like there was no room for food.
June 27th, 2009, 10:29 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a good appt!

First, spotting is normal w/ twins. I had plenty of it! But I know, it always worries you anyway.

Second, do NOT worry about weight gain in the first trimester. I also lost and was worried but my RE told me that the beans take what they need first. You get what is left over- so they will be fine. Now, I'm a bit concerned over the weight gain your OB said. 30-35 lbs is really not much for a twin pregnancy. Are you overweight to begin with? You don't look it in your picture! My OB told me not to worry about gaining weight, that I will gain, and I did. I gained the recommended 25 lbs by 25 weeks (I thin that is what it is??) and by the end I had gained 50 lbs total. Which was perfect.

Third, you CAN do a vaginal delivery if Baby A is head down! I was SO lucky to have my OB. He wanted me to have a vaginal if possible,. He even said that if Baby B were breech, I could decide if I wanted to do a vaginal or not since he is trained in breech delivery. Turned out they were both head down, I had my vaginal delivery and even had it in the delivery room and not the OR!!!! I was so happy

And, you mentioned extra risks from everything you went through?? What are they? Just IVF?

June 28th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the spotting stops soon, I have had a lot of spotting too, it is so scary
June 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayandsofiasmommy View Post
Yay for a good appt!

First, spotting is normal w/ twins. I had plenty of it! But I know, it always worries you anyway.

Second, do NOT worry about weight gain in the first trimester. I also lost and was worried but my RE told me that the beans take what they need first. You get what is left over- so they will be fine. Now, I'm a bit concerned over the weight gain your OB said. 30-35 lbs is really not much for a twin pregnancy. Are you overweight to begin with? You don't look it in your picture! My OB told me not to worry about gaining weight, that I will gain, and I did. I gained the recommended 25 lbs by 25 weeks (I thin that is what it is??) and by the end I had gained 50 lbs total. Which was perfect.

Third, you CAN do a vaginal delivery if Baby A is head down! I was SO lucky to have my OB. He wanted me to have a vaginal if possible,. He even said that if Baby B were breech, I could decide if I wanted to do a vaginal or not since he is trained in breech delivery. Turned out they were both head down, I had my vaginal delivery and even had it in the delivery room and not the OR!!!! I was so happy

And, you mentioned extra risks from everything you went through?? What are they? Just IVF?
Well yes I am technically over weight. I think I am like 20-25 lbs over. She actually told me she wanted me to gain 40 lbs, but since I am losing so much and dont catch up, that it would be ok to gain 30-35 lbs.
I am high risk because I already had a m/c, I have had 2 back to back surgeries, right before I did the IVF, and I forgot what else my doc said.
I know that many people can have a regular birth with twins, but I will take it day to day. I dont want to take any chances so late in the game. So my dh and I decided that we will see what happens and make a decision then. I also know that my doctors in my practice are very good, and we like her very much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search