Twins sleeping in separate rooms...anyone?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2009, 04:25 AM
LynneD's Avatar Super Mommy
Claire sleeps in a crib in their bedroom and Rebecca sleeps in the crib we have in our room for now. They slept together for maybe the first month or so they were home until they got out of that super newborn phase. They were both in bouncy seats for awhile after that. Now, they don't alwasy go down at the exact same time and we are afraid the one we put to bed last will wake the first one up if they are in the same room. Has anyone else had to put their twins (or more) in separate rooms to sleep at night? If so, when were you able to put them in the same room again? They are 4 months actual and 2 months adj. age. Thanks for any input!

June 26th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Generally Crispy
My dr's twins started sleeping in seperate rooms at around 6 months. He said they slept better that way and didnt wake each other up.

Right now ours sleep seperate/together. Hurricane goes down in a crib and when he wakes he ends up in bed with me because Im too tired to put him back. Eclipse sleeps in her bouncy chair right next to my bed. She lays with me and Hurricane to BF and usually goes right back to her chair when she is done b/c she has reflux.
June 26th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have Wyatt and Emerson in the same room and they both sleep in seperate toddler beds.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
June 26th, 2009, 11:01 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Since about 6 1/2 - 7 months, both my boys have been sleeping in separate rooms. It just worked better for the both of us. They sleep longer and more soundly, which means we sleep better too! They don't wake each other up, since they both have their sleeping problems. One with night terrors, and the other is resisting bedtime some nights. Sometimes one will wake up earlier than the other. if they were together, they'd wake each other up making one of them very cranky for the day...or at least for a while.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM
LynneD's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipmunkeyMom View Post
Since about 6 1/2 - 7 months, both my boys have been sleeping in separate rooms. It just worked better for the both of us. They sleep longer and more soundly, which means we sleep better too! They don't wake each other up, since they both have their sleeping problems. One with night terrors, and the other is resisting bedtime some nights. Sometimes one will wake up earlier than the other. if they were together, they'd wake each other up making one of them very cranky for the day...or at least for a while.

Did you end up decorating a room for each of them?

I think once they both start consistently sleeping through the night we'll try them in the same room. I won't be surprised if they end up apart though...until they are older.

June 26th, 2009, 05:01 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
My girls sleep in separate rooms. One, in a crib in my room (in theory - usually she ends up in bed with me since I'm too tired to put her back when she wakes up, or to put her in at all if I fall asleep nursing her in bed), and one in a crib in the nursery. They just sleep better that way. One is very clingy and likes to be close to Mommy, so that one sleeps in our room. The other sleeps just fine by herself in the nursery so that is where she sleeps. I felt guilty for awhile because I felt like one wasn't getting her share of Mommy time, so I tried switching the girls every night, but that didn't work for either girl. Lucy (nursery sleeping girl) gets a little freaked out if I try to put her down in our room, she's not used to it.

It might take time, but you'll find the technique that works best for you & your babies! Good luck!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

June 26th, 2009, 06:38 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
We are still very successfully sharing a room. We bought a 4 BR house so we wouldn't have to make them share a room, but this works, so now we have a 4 BR house with a spare bedroom, LOL>

June 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our boys are 5 weeks adjusted, and I'm thinking that I can probably get 5 hours at night btwn feeds if I put them in separate rooms; might try it this week
June 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Our boys share a room and until last week shared a crib, but it was just getting too crowded. We placed them in a V-shape but somehow they would end up beside each other and as cute as it was to see them snuggling, my fear of someone smoothering outweighed that. So now one is the in the crib, and the other in the pack-n-play (until FIL finishes the crib he starting making when I found out it was twins !?!)

June 27th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Shared until about 12 months then separate because Reagan woke up frequently and screamed in the middle of the night. Put them together again around 19 months and they are now in the same room and in toddler beds.

Reagan still wakes up one to 4 times at night screaming, Nathan is just used to it and he deals with it. They learn to tune each other out for the most part if you have them together. We have had them "Cry it out" in the same room. I thought twin mom's were nuts when they told me that they had their twins cry it out together...it was difficult for me at times but it just works itself out.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

June 27th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our girls share a room and shared a crib until a few weeks ago. Now they are in seperate cribs. I also had them sleeping in a V, but they can wiggle a lot more now so they would end up too close together. Sometimes I think they wake each other up, but most of the time Alyssa will sleep through Bella's crying. It works for now which is a good thing because I don't have a spare room to split them apart. (I have two step-kids 9 and 10).

June 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
My boys actually still do share a crib. I think that I might have to work on that. They are almost 7 months. They will not have their own room because we don't have the room in our house.

June 27th, 2009, 10:11 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I first had them sleeping together in the cosleeper next to my bed. Then, around 4 months they started rolling and I separated them. I had Maya in the cosleeper and Sofia in their room in her crib. We did this for awhile and after a couple months started putting Maya in her crib in their room as well. No problems with that.

I still separate them for naps because they play. Do what works for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search