When did you start noticing it was time to slow down?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2009, 11:42 AM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I feel so lazy,I'm only 21 weeks and it's starting to get hard for me to run around and do a few errands at once.And if i do, i get super tired and sore.

Even cleaning and chasing after my 22 month old is getting to be a chore.

When did you guys notice that you really had to let up on some things and start taking it easy?
June 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling crappy very early on, and it has just gotten worse. Even during the "energetic 2nd trimester" I felt like I had no energy. I'm now 33 weeks, and it is a gigantic effort to simply get off of the couch and walk to the bathroom. The house is a wreck, I haven't cooked in gosh knows how long, and my days pass by so slowly, because I'm incredibly BORED!

My peri is very conservative when it comes to exercise - prior to becoming pregnant, I typically worked out about 15 hours a week (not exaggerating). When I asked him what was "approved," he told me that I could swim and stationary bike as much as I wanted. That's it. He even considers walking to be a big no-no. As hard as it was, I followed his advice, and my pregnancy has been picture perfect thus far. My cervix is longer than most women with one baby, and I've had no preterm labor issues. Whether this is related to taking it easy for months or not, I'll never know, but I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
June 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
"energetic second tri" LMAO! No such thing with a multiple pregnancy! I slowed way down early, very early! The best thing you can do is really listen to your body. It will tell you when to slow down. I only didn't listen once- on my last day of work. And of course that was the busiest day ever. My doctor pulled me out of work and I think I was 29 weeks. Well I spent all day running around and I knew I was ovrdoing it. Well, later that night I ended up in L&D getting a terbutaline shot. So fun. So anyway, I learned my lesson and slowed down! Before that I had been listening to my body, but you know how work is.

Just listen to your body. Even if you think it is early, slow down. I have known way too many people who did NOT slow down and they ended giving birth around 30 weeks.

June 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I laughed at the "energetic second tri" because it certainly has not happened with this pregnancy!LOL That and DH keeps waiting for the increase in sex drive that usually happens in my second tri,yeah,not gonna happen this time either! Thanks for the advice....i have been taking it easy and i'm making it a point to eat right.I think this year i will be doing alot of back to school shopping online.Anything i can do to keep these peas baking as long as i can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kticesk8s View Post
When I asked him what was "approved," he told me that I could swim and stationary bike as much as I wanted. That's it.
I'm gonna ask my doc next week if i could ride my exercise bike,That would be awesome!I wanted to try it but i read where some exercise can start to thin the cervix.
June 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was exhausted throughout my entire pregnancy but it really took its toll on me at around 20 weeks. I was put on pelvic rest and told to stop excersizing; modified bedrest followed 4 weeks later. Towards the end of my pregnancy just getting up to use the bathroom was difficult and painful for me.

June 28th, 2009, 10:43 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
32wks was my turning point. I stopped working 12hr shifts and definitely slacked on the housework, Danika probably watched a little more TV than I preferred after. My OB had no limit on activity for me up until then. I tried to go to the gym but the staff always looked so freaked out like I was going to give birth any minute in their gym. Listening to your body is the best thing you can do, I wish had shortened my shifts to 8 or even 4hrs, perhaps I would have made it longer...

June 29th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm much slower now than I was. My doc cut me off from working out at 24 weeks since my cervix had started to shorten. If it hadn't been for that, I would still be swimming now since it feels awesome to be in a pool.

I wasn't too tired in the second trimester. I just started getting really tired again.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

June 30th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think for me it was starting to get a little hard around 25+ weeks. I could only do one major thing a day and take it easy the rest of the day. Mix that in with running after Kyle all day like you do Kayden and I was worn out by the end of the day.

June 30th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I was tired my entire pregnancy but I really just tuned into my body and never did to much. I made it full term that way and had no real problems. Just stupid PUPPS and m/s nearly the entire time but that had nothing to do with activity. Try to get as much rest as possible!!

June 30th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Generally Crispy
About 28 weeks things started getting hard for me. Around 32 weeks I just decided I'd stay in my bed all day and play pack man and tetris all day....but I didnt have a small child at home either and couldnt imagine having a little one at home on top of a multiple pregnancy.
June 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I was thinking around 25 weeks as well. I also did not have a small one running around. I worked until 33 weeks, but I have a desk job.

June 30th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I think that it was around 28 weeks. I move in with my parents at 30 weeks. Had the boys at 35 weeks

July 1st, 2009, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk View Post
I think for me it was starting to get a little hard around 25+ weeks. I could only do one major thing a day and take it easy the rest of the day. Mix that in with running after Kyle all day like you do Kayden and I was worn out by the end of the day.
This is how i'm finding myself to,lately.Like today was the grocery store.Luckily DH was home to go with me.But i was exhausted by the time i got home.I often wondered if it was because i was carrying twins this time or if it was because of chasing around a 23 month old!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search