Never felt so horrible!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As you guys know last week I had spotting and cramping. Well this morning I woke up with pretty noticable cramps, I still went to work and was drinking lots of fluids and keeping my feet up but the cramps stayed coming and they were getting stronger. So I called my doctors office and the nurse told me that I had to go to the ER. So I left work and got the ER around 330.

It was 4 hours later and they hadnt even called me for my insurance info! I kept asking them when I was gonna go that I was cramping and uncomfortable. they kept telling me I was next. But everytime someone came in they would call them in right away. I finally got super pissed and went to talk to the nurse and asked what was going on that they have let every single person in except me. She then told me that unfortunately my case wasnt a priority! I was like excuse me! She said that they had to see all the patients whos case was worse than me.

I got so mad that I almost started to cry, I was like so if I am losing or miscarrying my baby its not important? and shes like well the way we see it is that if you m/c or are miscarrying than we really cant do anything about it. So I was like so the doctors send you to the hosptial for no reason then, since we are not important!

So then shes like O you have a couple of people in front and iM like well that doesnt matter b.c whoever keeps walking will be placed infront of me so who cares. I was so mad, I told them I was leaving.

I turned around grabbed my stuff and left. There was a male nurse there who felt bad for me and was telling me to come back around 3am if I felt bad still that its always empty. I know he was trying to help but at this point nothing was gonna help.

I called my doctor and spoke to him and told him everything and he was like I dont know who told you to go to the ER but next time you go to our office. So he told me to stay home and just relax drink lots of fluid and to go into the office tomorrow to check the babies out.

I was so hurt, I left crying there just felt like trash. Like my babies are not important enough. I totally understand that if I am m/c they cant stop it but I do have another baby in there! They can maybe do something to make sure the other baby is fine or just fill me with IV liquids to quite my uterus.

I just needed to rant...I hope you guys all had a better nite than me

June 29th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Generally Crispy
Im sorry that happened to you. I hope everything is okay. The same exact thing happened with my DD (singleton). Another time at a different hospital I actually used the triage nurses phone to call 911 to request an ambulance to take us to another hospital after sitting in the ER waiting room for 4 hours, my DD spent 15 days in the ICU.

People lack some serious compassion. I would definately call the hospital director and detail your experience in writing and how unhappy you are and that you went elsewhere to be seen.
June 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I am so sorry this happened to you, I hope all is well
June 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I am SO sorry to hear about this. PLEASE KUP and take care of yourself!

June 30th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
That would make me MAD too. I'm so sorry. I hope things go better for you!!

July 1st, 2009, 06:43 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I would have been furious! I do understand they feel if there's a miscarriage, there's nothing you can do about it, but for goodness sake, that nurse could have had some compassion for your situation. Especially because there are two in there. You are high risk already and that requires some close attention to problems such as these.

Unfortunately, a lot of women come in to hospitals demanding to be looked at claiming they are cramping just so they can see their little cuties again. Those women come in also crying for an ultrasound, but the cramping they are feeling is just a little gas and they know it. This does not go well with those that really do need to make sure their babies are doing ok because they really are cramping/contracting and may need the medical attention. That nurse may have been thinking you were one of those nervous people who wanted to see her babies after feeling some gassy pressure type cramps.

I went in to the ER with my first M/C. They took me in right away because it is a matter of life or death of the baby. It was an early miscarriage at about 6 weeks, but they do look because if there is any change the baby is still there, they could try to stop the contractions and put me on bed rest or something along those lines. Also I could bleed badly so it is important to look during a miscarriage. That nurse should not have put you last. Your situation is definitely not unimportant. You should not have had to wait there. if you lost the baby while in that hospital, you would have had every right to make an official complaint.

Your doctor was right... going to him first may have been your better option. If it was during his business hours, you should have gone there. The ER is best for late night emergencies. Meanwhile, you did do everything you should have. The ER is not the wrong choice, but not always the best choice because of how busy they can get and may not always know who really needs to go first. They try, but it is sometimes a guessing game with them. I really hope that nothing happened and both your little beans are still in there. Sometimes those cramps and spotting is just your body getting rid of some excess blood and that can feel pretty uncomfortable.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
July 1st, 2009, 08:37 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! Well I did end up going to my doctor yesterday first thing and they saw me right away! I love them! I thought I had updatedin the board but I didnt..I will post my update in a new post...

Thanks again for your understanding and for letting me rant!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search