Taking Multiples into Stores?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2009, 03:47 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
How do you handle this?Do you just leave them at home or do you have someone go with you and use two carts?Or is there a way to get both in one cart?

I often wondered how the heck we are gonna conquer this when the time comes!
July 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
In the beginning, I put a carrier in the cart and a carrier in the seat part. I did that once. They both started crying in the middle of the store, I attempted to feed one and the milk spilled all over the place, it was pure chaos. I never attempted that again. When they got bigger, this was my way of doing it:

That only happened before they could start standing, and now, we have to have 2 separate carts.

PS...I have only taken them out by myself ONCE. I refuse to do it. We either go together, or one of us stays home with the kids and we go alone (or with our oldest)

July 4th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I take three kids in two carts-the 2nd cart with only one baby is the grocery cart. Today my sister and niece and I went to the Mall; each of us had a kid in a cart, we looked like a train! I haven't attempted to take the three kids out on my own, and have only been on one trip to my babyshower alone with the twins; too much work!
July 4th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually put them into the stroller pushing it in front of me and I pull the grocery cart behind me. Sometimes one of them goes into the bjorn and the other stays in the carseat inthe front of the cart.

I go out alone with them quite a bit, we don't really have much in the way of family here (dh's partents and sister are here but thats for another post) and it's the only way I'd keep sane.

July 4th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Mom to 2, 2 more coming
I've been contemplating the same thing Mandy !!!
I do all the shopping and don't see that changing anytime soon....so I have thefollowing different plans:
put them in the double stroller and push it while my oldest pushes the cart, I'm slowly getting him used to that.....being careful, paying attention....
or 1 in a pouch sling and 1 in carseat
or 1 at home w/DH (LOL), 1 with me and the older kids....
or when MIL is here, she can help push the stroller, while I do the cart.....

I also sew shopping cart covers and was trying to think how to design one they could share once they sit up....few stores around here have the double seater shopping carts....

It'll be interesting... I could always do double pouch slings for quick runs...Is there such a thing as a quick run with 4 kids??

July 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Generally Crispy
Ive done it a few times. But its not something I suggest doing. Its hard and people think that seeing a mom toting two babies in carseats is there cue to get between you and your destination and ask if you've got your hands full. When I have I put one seat up top and one below and hope I am only needing to pick up a few things and after I get there I begin to question how important the item I was going to get is.
July 4th, 2009, 08:26 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I try to go to the store alone. It's easy if DH goes with and one pushes the stroller, the other pushes the grocery cart. 2 times I did the whole push the snap n go or double stroller while pulling the cart around BRU, and it sucked.

When they were new, I looked forward to those shopping trips alone!

July 4th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
I go with the kids. My 3 year old walks and if we are food shopping I use the push and pull method. I push the stroller and pull the kart.

July 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I wear a baby and keep the other in a carseat. I did see another twin mommy at target pushing a double stroller and pulling a cart, I just don't think I am that coordinated, plus all the attention she was getting would have drove me nuts..

July 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
When it is Dh and I we have 2 carts or get the cart with the 2 seat in front that way everyone can me in one cart. If I am alone I am usually only going in for a couple things. I have only gone in 2 times with the 4 youngest kids. 4 kids 3 and under by yourself is kind of scary!! You will figure out what works for you.

July 5th, 2009, 03:24 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2KaylaPlusTwins View Post
PS...I have only taken them out by myself ONCE. I refuse to do it. We either go together, or one of us stays home with the kids and we go alone (or with our oldest)
I think this will be what we do to! If i put my two yr old in the back he would try to stand up or climb out.
July 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
I take one baby and leave the other kids with DH whenever I can (usually for grocery shopping).

If we all go DH & I each wear a baby and our almost 3 year old rides in the cart.

If I go alone I take the double stroller and push the babies and my older DD walks. That's usually a quick trip so I hook a basket over the stroller's handles and skip the cart.

July 6th, 2009, 07:38 PM
LynneD's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't attempted to take them all out alone yet. We either all go out together or I go alone. Today I made DH take one of them to the grocery store with him b/c it had been a looong day at home. I've had a small taste of what it's like to be alone with them when we all went shopping a couple of times but separated for whatever reason and I had the two babies in the double snap 'n go...I couldn't get anything done between putting paci's in and/or trying to feed them at the same time. I've also been stopped by curious people only to have one or both sleeping babies wake up b/c of the motion of the stroller stopping. I feel like such a spectacle pushing the stroller with the two pink car seats in it! I wish I had bought a neutral color now....maybe I would blend more...probably not though. lol.

July 15th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A variety of methods throughout the last 2.5 years. I once hear of someone strapping a booster seat in the basket of the shopping cart so that they could put a baby in there and they wouldn't try to stand up. I think it was one of those portable booster seats that are soft and fold up for travel.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search