Nursery question

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2009, 02:23 PM
dlovesc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope all of you BTDT moms have some advice We expect our twins around Thanksgiving or the beginning of December. We don't know yet if they are boys/girls/one of each, but we definitely will be finding out soon. We plan on buying (actually my mom is buying ) 2 cribs. Also, I guess I need a dresser with a changing top. And I'll definitely be purchasing an uphostered rocker/glider. Here's the catch: neither of the two empty bedrooms in our house is big enough to accomodate all of this stuff, due to window placement and doors that are on weird angled walls. So... I will need two nurseries. I definitely want both cribs in one room, since the babies will probably sleep together in one for the first few months. So how do you recommend I split up the rest of the stuff? What else do I need in a nursery, and which room should I put it in? I'm counting on you ladies for help, DH is useless when it comes to things like this! Thanks!
July 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you looked at mini-cribs? Some moms go with those instead, and they might fit better?

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
July 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm tough call... have you thought about having them share a crib for a while and putting one in the other room with the dresser, that way you could maybe fit the changer, crib and chair all in one room? idk it might work

July 7th, 2009, 05:27 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Well, we put them in the room wherever we could (and their room is SMALL, it barely fits the 2 dressers and cribs, but that's ALL they do is sleep in there, right?)

Are these your first babies? We NEVER EVER used a changing table. I never used it with my first either. It is SO much easier to change them where they are than to walk to wherever the supplies are and change them there. I kept diapers in the living room since that's where we spent all of our time, and we changed them on the floor or couch or wherever.

July 7th, 2009, 08:18 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I agree about the changing table.I've never used one with any of my four kids.It's just something else to take up space.Maybe you could have them share a crib?They also make those portable cribs that seem to be alot smaller?
July 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
PaytsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my daughter & now with the boys, I have never used the changing table in the nursery. I've always had one in there, but never used it. When the boys were waking up during the night, we would bring them downstairs to the living room, where I have my pack n play set up with the changing table thing that comes with most pack n plays. That way we could feed them in our recliners. Most of the time DH & I were both feeding, so it was silly for one of us to sit in the glider & the other downstairs, so we both went downstairs.

We went with the a chest of drawers instead of a dresser, it saved a lot of room. I hang up most of their clothes, only because it's easier to put it on a hanger than to fold their tiny little clothes sometimes. It makes laundry much faster & the clothes are easier to see hanging.

July 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
dlovesc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, ladies I looked into the mini cribs, but it seems like they will outgrow them fairly quickly, and I don't want to waste the money. I am with you on the changing table. I don't plan on buying one; I figured I would just get one of those pads and set it on the top of the dresser for as long as I need it.
July 11th, 2009, 11:57 AM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovesc View Post
Thanks, ladies I looked into the mini cribs, but it seems like they will outgrow them fairly quickly, and I don't want to waste the money. I am with you on the changing table. I don't plan on buying one; I figured I would just get one of those pads and set it on the top of the dresser for as long as I need it.
My changing table was on top of their dresser. I used it a lot! Their room right now is very small, but we fit 2 cribs and their dresser- of course I don't know how yours is laid out. I went with a convertible crib so they could continue to use it. I also got pretty inexpensive ones that are still good quality (look in Baby Bargains)

Here is their room, the window is on the left, dresser on the right and closet is opposite the cribs

Different angle, can see dresser

Now, I'm not sure how much weight the mini cribs will hold, but it could be a good solution. Or, they could also share a crib.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search